- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
Birdie is a pioneer in social innovation. Our vision is to build a society in which we all age with confidence. With a rapidly growing ageing population, overcrowded care homes and social care services under water, we’re facing a social crisis. We ’re on a mission to reinvent care so that older generations can live longer, healthier and happier in their own homes, surrounded by their families and their communities. We use digital products, cutting-edge home connected devices and AI to empower the care community to deliver better, preventative care
Launched in 2017, Birdie is a team of socially motivated care, health, product and tech entrepreneurs. We were nominated one of the top 10 UK startups to watch, the SME with the best culture in the UK and was in the 2020 Business Cloud Top 50 Start Up's list. As of May 2021 we have raised an additional £8.2 million in our Series A funding led by Index Ventures.
- To be able to fully support new projects and the Product engineer squads Birdie is looking for additional DevOps engineers for our Infrastructure team.
- As a DevOps engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing, building, and optimising infrastructure, Kubernetes workloads and various cross squad initiatives.
How you will contribute
- Ensure the platform is secure, reliable, and scalable
- Work with various technical stakeholders to plan, build and maintain systems and services that help engineers with security, monitoring, scalability, load testing general quality of life improvements
- Empower engineers in performance monitoring and provide guidance on re-architecturing to resolve bottlenecks.
- Help application squads Implement, maintain, and scale CI’s and CD’s inside a microservice architecture
- Document your design choices; produce enough documentation so that someone else can maintain and improve your codebase;
- Drive improvement across Birdie, collaborating where appropriate to continuously improve the products and services we offer;
- On-call management and facilitate emergency/incident responses;
- Bring automation into any workloads to help ease the amount of manual work required to run the platform
- Have good experience with orchestration and containerisation (Kubernetes, Docker) and some of their management systems (Helm, Argo);
- At least 2 years of experience provisioning resources with one of the main cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure);
- Have a sound foundation in Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Pulumi);
- Have experience in deploying or maintaining tooling supporting high observability of the platform;
- Have the drive to automate away problems and provide quality of life tooling;
- Are security conscious when approaching maintenance and planning;
- Are someone who gets things done and is willing to step up, roll up your sleeves, and take responsibility; Able to work efficiently with little supervision and with a high degree of self-motivation and accountability;
- Are a pragmatic problem-solver who is curious, loves learning new things, and can mentor or coach others, while maintaining focus on ambiguous problems;
- Have experience in deploying and managing distributed and/or event-based applications;
- Are someone who is inspired by, and seeks to embody our values;
- Are someone who wants to learn, wants to improve, and wants to grow in your chosen career;
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
These are our ideal requirements, but we know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive, and empowering culture at Birdie, so please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.
People are our core strength. We are social entrepreneurs, boasting an outstanding culture (employer net promotion score of 67) with strong values (B-Corp certified). We offer exceptional benefits and invest massively in our team’s happiness, wellbeing and growth:
The salary for this role is up to £51k DOE; we provide discretionary share options for all permanent staff.
With Covid-19, we have decided to be a fully distributed team with Birdie’s working across the globe. As long as you’re +-3h from GMT, you can work from anywhere you want. We organise quarterly in-person events and online socials to make sure you can meet up with peers. If you want to come to the office, you’re most welcome of course!
Growth is key. You’ll have a personal development budget to put towards books (e.g., free audible subscription), courses, trainings and conferences; continuous coaching within the team and with external experts
33 days base holiday (25 days + 8 bank holidays) + Christmas eve day off
Private health insurance
Private health insurance with Vitality that covers many physical and mental health costs
Gym and wellbeing memberships
Gym membership and numerous other wellbeing perks and discounts via Vitality
Cycle to work scheme
Birdie will buy a bike up-front and you can salary sacrifice to pay-off over the next 12-36 months
Highly favourable parental leave policy; once you have spent six consecutive months on our payroll, primary and secondary caregivers entitled to 12 weeks of parental leave, at 100% of your usual salary.
Pension employer contribution
Birdie contributes to your pension
- Frequent company socials, trips and meals
- We organise many socials, quarterly retreats and annual trips (like our epic ski trips)
We see ourselves as social entrepreneurs shaping a new kind of organisation: caring, responsible yet fostering excellence. Read The Birdie Way to learn more.
Typical Interview Stages:
- 15 min video call to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- 60 min video call with Ryan, infrastructure lead and direct Manager to learn more about our engineering ways of working
- 45 min video call to discuss your motivation
- 60 min video call with the infrastructure/engineering team
- 45 min video call with the CTO or a co-founder
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 2 weeks, and offers usually come within 48 hours.
Join Birdie and seize this unique opportunity to shape the future of a transformative tech startup, to create positive social change, and develop yourself very fast in a flexible, close-knit & transparent organisation.
We have a grand vision to transform how society deals with ageing, starting with radically improving the lives of 1 million older adults in the next 3 years. We dream big and speed is of the essence.
We’re all entrepreneurs at Birdie. We’re a flat organization, with no manager to tell you what to do but a community of peers and coaches to support you.
We’re highly collaborative and iterative. Everything we do is transparent to anyone, be it objectives and key results, compensation packages and equity or strategic conversations.
Growing with trust is key. Everyone sets their own development plan and gets support to learn fast, from training to books or coaches. We live by radical candour: we give honest feedback and care deeply & personally about each other.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
- We endeavour to embrace diversity, and promote an inclusive environment for all Birdies, and actively work towards this with our Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
- If you have any questions regarding the interview process, or if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made, please don’t hesitate to contact us.