- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
Birdie is a pioneer in social innovation. Our vision is to build a society in which we all age with confidence. With a rapidly growing ageing population, overcrowded care homes and social care services under water, we’re facing a social crisis. We ’re on a mission to reinvent care so that older generations can live longer, healthier and happier in their own homes, surrounded by their families and their communities. We use digital products, cutting-edge home connected devices and AI to empower the care community to deliver better, preventative care
Launched in 2017, Birdie is a team of socially motivated care, health, product and tech entrepreneurs. We were nominated one of the top 10 UK startups to watch, the SME with the best culture in the UK and was in the 2020 Business Cloud Top 50 Start Up's list. As of May 2021 we have raised an additional £8.2 million in our Series A funding led by Index Ventures.
We are building the organisation of the future that will not only improve the lives of millions of older adults but also of our team members, our communities and will protect the environment. We demonstrate our values in everything we do. We care; we succeed together; we grow individually and strive for excellence; we are smart, brave and ambitious; and we nurture fun and a little quirkiness.
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative who will support Birdie’s Sales Team in building partnerships with home care agencies. You will report to our SDR Manager and be responsible for identifying prospects, qualifying their interest, and booking demos. You will be part of an ambitious, dynamic and adaptable group of individuals who are passionate about introducing our product to prospects, enabling the care community to deliver better, preventative care.
How you will contribute
- Engage with prospects via telephone, email, social media, direct mail channels and networking;
- Uncover, understand and evaluate prospect’s pain points
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Book 25-30 meetings each month with customers fitting our target profile;
- Be responsible for managing the sales pipeline in your region using Hubspot CRM system;
- Be involved in initiatives to drive improvements across the acquisition funnel;
- Have a key role to play in helping to define our product and marketing efforts, logging and structuring the feedback you hear to improve our product, sales and marketing strategies
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have previous experience in a sales development role and can hit the ground running.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal. You can easily explain the benefits of a service, and can simplify complex topics in a way that anyone can understand;
- Curious, always listening and engaging to understand true motivations;
- Are compassionately competitive, with a desire to be the best and to pull your team up with you;
- Someone who gets things done and is willing to step up, roll up your sleeves and take responsibility;
- Ready to seize the initiative and drive improvement in your own and your team’s work;
- Comfortable with an ambiguous, changing, start-up, energetic working environment;
- Organised and able to prioritise your work independently;
- Someone who wants to learn, wants to improve and wants to grow in your chosen career and are committed to self-development, whether independently or with your team;
- Someone who is inspired by, and seeks to embody our values
People are our core strength. We are social entrepreneurs, boasting an outstanding culture (employer net promotion score of 67) with strong values (B-Corp certified). We offer exceptional benefits and invest massively in our team’s happiness, wellbeing and growth:
The salary for this role is £30k OTE; we also provide discretionary share options to all permenant employees.
With Covid-19, we have decided to be a fully distributed team with Birdees working across the globe. As long as you’re +-3h from GMT, you can work from anywhere you want. We organise quarterly in-person events and online socials to make sure you can meet up with peers. If you want to come to the office, you’re most welcome of course!
Growth is key. You’ll have a personal development budget to put towards books (e.g., free audible subscription), courses, trainings and conferences; continuous coaching within the team and with external experts; access to our sales L&D programme delivered by external experts
33 days base holiday (25 days + 8 bank holidays) + Christmas eve day off
Private health insurance
Private health insurance with Vitality that covers many physical and mental health costs
Gym and wellbeing memberships
Gym membership and numerous other wellbeing perks and discounts via Vitality
Cycle to work scheme
Birdie will buy a bike up-front and you can salary sacrifice to pay-off over the next 12-36 months
Highly favourable parental leave policy; once you have spent 12 consecutive months on our payroll, primary caregivers qualify for 26 weeks parental leave at full pay and secondary caregivers qualify for 12 weeks at full pay.
Pension employer contribution
Birdie contributes to your pension
- Frequent company socials, trips and meals
- We organise many socials, quarterly retreats and annual trips (like our epic ski trips)
We see ourselves as social entrepreneurs shaping a new kind of organisation: caring, responsible yet fostering excellence. Read The Birdie Way to learn more.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
- We endeavour to embrace diversity, and promote an inclusive environment for all Birdies, and actively work towards this with our Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
- If you have any questions regarding the interview process, or if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made, please don’t hesitate to contact us.