- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
Employee Experience and Engagement are very important for BlaBlaCar. As the Engagement & Culture Officer, you will contribute to creating a fun, lively, and unique working environment, where our culture, diversity, social responsibility and impact, are at the center.
You will be mostly focusing on designing and organizing recurring or exceptional events as well as managing the internal communications around these events, always obsessed by employee satisfaction and well-being.
You will be joining the People Team, a team whose mission is to “care for our talent community, offering a journey of growth, impact, and excellence with our culture & diversity at the center.”
- Manage and run a company-wide events program (global events held locally and/or in Paris HQ) including signature events: BlaBlaBreak, BlaBlaShow, and Impact Day.
- Design a global-local event calendar in all countries for a consistent employee experience including parties, celebrations, births, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- Design and facilitate social, environmental, and wellbeing events and educational workshops.
- Work with local office management and Facilities (office management) teams to implement ongoing internal activities that boost engagement and wellbeing.
- Plan and manage a wide range of company events to boost team spirit and bring to life our culture, values, and principles.
- Deliver effective and inspiring internal communications to increase participation and create impact.
- Manage and implement improvements to the employee onboarding experience and processes.
- Support team managers and our network of Funbassadors with organizing and facilitating their team building events
- Manage all related external partners and suppliers.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience managing the organization of international events of significant size and complexity
- Strong project management and data analysis skills
- Organizational skills
- Structured communication and presentation skills with employees and executives
- Ability to develop a company vision on what events and engagement initiatives should look like
- Creativity, energy, and enthusiasm
- Adaptive and enthusiastic about driving change
- Ability to take initiative and be autonomous
- Visual design and video production (Photoshop and video editing)
- Fluency in English & French
- Nice to have: fluency in languages such as Russian, Portuguese or German
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
- Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- A 45-min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
- A 60-min video call with the Hiring Manager
- A fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills
- A 60-min video call with our Head of Employee Engagement and Culture
- A 45-min video call with our HR Director
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days, and offers usually come within 48 hours.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.