- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Business Intelligence
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
As part of the Operated Buses Strategy & Analytics team you will work directly with BlaBlaCar’s bus teams to support their strategic decision-making and help them build and run an efficient network throughout Western Europe.
This means you will impact the direction BlaBlaCar buses are taking for the years to come !
- Build a strong understanding of the key levers impacting bus performance (demand dynamics, competition, network & pricing structure, costs) and recommend actions to improve our operations
- Own and improve the bus analytical framework to enable best in class decisions making
- Carry out competition analyses and financial forecasts to support top management decision-making and make sure we adapt with agility to current market changes
- Build positive and trustful relationship with ops teams to identify business needs, challenges and opportunities
- Analyse and deliver reports for bus stakeholders with Tableau software
- 1 to 3 years work experience (including internships) in consulting, finance, business intelligence or other relevant analytical position
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, you love numbers and like to think “outside the box
- You have excellent communication skills (experience in synthesizing and communicating data clearly), you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You are curious, proactive, hard-worker and want to develop your analytical skills in a fast-evolving environment
- You have proficiency in Excel and know Tableau and SQL (or eager to learn)
- Fluency in English
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- A 20-minutes online test to know more about your analytical skills
- A 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- A 60-min video-call with Louise Aubert, Operated Buses Strategy Lead to tell you more about the projects you will contribute to and assess your analytical skills
- A fully remote case study to evaluate your technical skills and make you step in the shoes of a business analyst on our bus activity
- A 60-min video-call with Martin Minvielle, Strategy Lead and Network Lead to present your case and share your insights
- A 30-min video-call with Adrien Pradat, VP Operated Bus to get to know you and present you the Operated Buses business unit
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.