- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
- Business Intelligence
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
Our Product team is responsible for designing and building the end-to-end experience of 90 million BlaBlaCar members around the world. As a Senior Product Analyst working on Platform, you’ll touch on various Compliance and Capabilities topics including GPDR and tracking, Fraud, or Trust.
Your mission will be to make measurement part of the workflow of key stakeholders working on these topics.
Persons you’ll closely interact with include:
- Our Data & Security PM, leading Product initiatives that help us reinforce security and comply with regulators
- Our Identity squad, a feature team enabling seamless creation/management of member accounts and ensuring all of them contain trustable or verified information.
- Our Data Science team, fighting fraud through the power of ML
- Leverage data to inform Product strategy and delivery on Compliance & Capabilities topics
- Analyze user behaviors to uncover opportunities for future Product initiatives. Generate insights that tell compelling stories Product managers and Data Scientists can act on.
- Model KPIs, make them easily observable and enable their consistency across our dashboards
- Drive experiments’ design and analysis.
- Own high-quality data products that your stakeholders can rely upon for self-service BI
- Datamarts providing an analyst- and data science-ready environment.
- Self-service dashboards to enable data consumers to slice and dice KPIs and make informed decisions in autonomy.
- High-level reporting for executives.
- Empower your peer Product Data Analysts to adapt to infrastructure and legal shifts and drive change in a positive manner. Topics might include GDPR & CNIL directives, new tools implementation, etc.
- Overseeing analytics delivery by mentoring 1 or several Product Analysts working on Capabilities & Compliance topics. (not before 2022)
- Master’s degree or equivalent: engineering school, business school, etc.
- 5+ years of work experience in data analysis or data science.
- Excellent command of SQL and experience in scaling data transformation through ELTs.
- Solid knowledge in applied statisticsProficiency in data visualization tools (Tableau or other) .
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically and “outside the box”.
- Excellent communication skills: experience in synthesizing and communicating data clearly.
- Fluent in English - French is not mandatory.
Qualifications Nice to have
- Programming experience in Python or R.
- Experience in mentoring other Data analysts and coaching their delivery.
- Knowledge of basic terminal UNIX commands (most of the team is using Macbook Pro) and notions in using Git.
- Experience using a Cloud Provider: AWS, GCP, Azure.
What we offer you
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.