- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Design & UI
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
Our Product & Experience team comes from a variety of countries and backgrounds, yet we all have one thing in common: passion. We’re constantly challenging ourselves - whether it’s a user problem, a small interface bug, or a way of working; we’re always asking how we can make things better.
When asked what they like about working at BlaBlaCar, our Product Designers mention: “We are involved early in projects”, “We rely a lot on data to make decisions,” “We’re designing a service that is actually changing how millions of people travel”, “We dive into fascinating topics like social interactions, trust mechanisms in different countries, value of comfort, or perception of time”, “We save a lot of time by working with our own design system”, “We work in a company with a strong design culture that embraces the value of UX”.
Content is a key element in delivering exceptional experience and plays a very important role in the entire product development process. Today, we are looking for a Content Designer to work closely with our Lead Content Strategist. You will have the opportunity to bring value from day 1 and help shape products used by millions of travellers across the world. You will be the go-to person for creating strategic UX copy that’s clear, concise and true to our brand voice.
- Craft high quality content at every stage of the user experience together with designers, researchers, product managers and other teams.
- Create and apply a strong, consistent voice to our products.
- Test your work and quickly iterate to make sure we’re always using the right language.
- Work with localization managers to make sure that content produced can be translated for all our international markets, without losing meaning, tone or style.
- 2-3 years experience as a Content Designer, UX Writer or Content Strategist, working on product content with user’s needs and problems at the heart of your craft.
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team to create high quality content for a variety of platforms and products.
- Understanding of usability principles and how to apply them from a content perspective.
- You are comfortable helping colleagues to understand the importance and value of great content and you can explain content choices and processes clearly.
- Passion for discovering and solving user’s needs.
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Nice to have: You have experience creating content guidelines as part of a design system, or documentation to support a design team.
- Nice to have: You have experience with A/B testing content.
- Nice to have: You have experience creating content that will be localized into multiple languages.
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.