- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
Our People team is composed of 14 passionate individuals divided into 3 teams: Talent & Organization, People Operations, and Culture & Engagement. You will be leading the People & Payroll Operations team whose main mission is to build and manage a robust end to end employee cycle and relations.
The People Officer is responsible for the efficient and accurate completion of HR related data and administrative tasks such as generating and issuing employment contracts, processing leavers, liaising with internal and external stakeholders regarding payroll and benefits administration. The Senior People & Payroll Officer will also manage projects as part of the annual People review roadmap
- Manage global payroll and external payroll suppliers :
- Ensuring the accurate payroll processing for France and the subsidiaries for international
- Regarding social declarations and surveys addressed to the People Team
- Annual audit working closely with Finance and payroll providers;
- Managing all employee onboarding cycle (administrative follow-up, issuing of employment contracts, appointments with occupational doctor, etc.) in liaison with managers;
- Managing employees offboarding ensuring flawless communication and execution, assist on employment contract termination (dismissal, “rupture conventionnelle”, “solde tout compte” etc.);
- Maintain information stored within the HRIS (Bamboo HR) and update relevant dashboard for tracking of internal HR administrative processes (trial period follow-up, mobility and promotion, employee data changes, ….);
- Supporting employees and managers on a daily basis: Manage the People inbox mail, provide advice to employees regarding his/her employment, benefits, documentation regarding probationary reviews, workplace agreements and changes during contract execution (contract renewals, draft of addenda, mobility, etc.);
- Support Talent team as part of immigration and relocation processes as well as the Relocation agency
- Taking part into several HR topics: actively participate to the People roadmap, monitor internal HRIS and HR tools, improve People Operations processes
- Minimum 5/7 years of working experience in a similar position within an HR department
- Experience in implementing and driving process changes
- Highly organized and able to apply and follow-up processes with accuracy and in a timely manner
- Strong prioritization skills and multitasking
- Results driven with strong attention to details
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluent in French and English
- Nice to have: Fluency in Spanish, Russian, Portuguese
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts, and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- A 30-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
- A 60-min video-call with our Payroll & People Operations Manager
- A 45-min video-call with our VP Global Talent Management
- A 30-min video-call with our General Secretary
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days, and offers usually come within 48 hours.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.