- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
Reporting to our VP Talent, the People Manager Russia will be key in the high growth of our business in this region by providing full-cycle human resources, partnering on a daily basis with our managers and team members.
You will be responsible for the HR function in the region, looking after a population of more than 150 employees, and growing. Your main responsibility will be to implement BlaBlaCar People policies (e.g., salary review, equity programs, internal and external training and development, hiring planning and strategy, succession planning, remote policy), and you will also lead specific programs that will increase BlaBlaCar’s ability to attract, retain and engage team members in your region.
You’ll be instrumental in scaling the operations in BlaBlaCar’s fast growing business, after a successful integration of Busfor. The role is both strategic and hands-on, by contributing into organization effectiveness & design, providing management coaching and driving HR functional excellence on your scope.
You will assist Managers in building efficient People processes. You will contribute to fostering engagement and adherence to the company’s culture. You will be part of a fun, passionate and dynamic global People team, with whom you’ll work very closely to deliver ambitious People-related projects, policies and value.
We are seeking an experienced HR manager or business partner who can effectively interact with business leaders and managers at all levels, possesses excellent self-organization and communication skills, demonstrates a solid experience in talent development and loves embracing a tech and fast-paced environment.
- You will support more than 150 team members and managers on a high-growth scope, based in different 5 different locations in Russia.
- You are responsible for all aspects of HR, including administrative and legal, with the support of the central People team, the legal team, and external providers, and the possibility to build a team overtime.
- You will coach and provide guidance to managers on their own team management and organizational and People-related topics
- Because you will be close to our teams, you will have an accurate feeling of our internal climate on your scope and to be proactive in suggesting plans.
- You will make sure there is a good coordination of HR-related subjects between managers and team members and the central People team : Operations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Compensation & Benefits, Engagement team.
- You will provide guidance to our managers and team members in understanding, and taking up our policy philosophy, strategy and tools (ex : hiring, levels, performance, compensation & benefits, remote).
- Several years of experience in an HR leadership role with broad knowledge and experience in human resource management, preferably in tech companies.
- Ability to relate to, influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization.
- A strong ability to diagnose problems both in a qualitative but also data-driven approach, using strategic thinking skills as well as identify and drive appropriate solutions.
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English & Russian
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 31 days
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- A 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- A 60-min video-call with Vera Klimanova our People Director in Russia
- A fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills
- A 30-min with Stéphanie Fraise our VP Global Talent Management
- A 60-min video-call with Konstantin Toubolets, our Regional CFO
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.