- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
By joining our Foundations team, you will be working alongside talented individuals grouped in small agile teams. The Foundations Team is composed of 4 squads: Core Infrastructure, Database Reliability, Engineering Productivity and Site Reliability Engineering. Together they offer what we call the Software Factory, a portfolio of services helping BlaBlaCar products offer more services to its members reliably and fast.
The Core Infrastructure team (aka Core-Infra) is responsible for building and maintaining the low layer components and core services such as Kubernetes and Istio. The team helps BlaBlacar engineering to be efficient and confident in the way they leverage the infrastructure resources. To be able to maintain our growing infrastructure, infrastructure-as-code and automation are at the core of everything we develop.
Our technical stack is composed of:
- Infra: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Kubernetes(GKE)
- Automation: Terraform, Helm
- Log/Metrics/Traces: DataDog
- CI/CD: Git, Jenkins, Flux
- Languages: Java, Python, Golang, PHP
- Traffic management: Istio, Envoy, Nginx, Google Load Balancing
- Maintain the infrastructure stack up to date
- Operations of CoreInfra services (Kubernetes, Istio…) in 24x7 shifts
- Study and develop new services with BlaBlaCar engineering to make the best use of the infrastructure
- Set up new infrastructures as the business grow
- Train teams on new practices as the services evolve
- Solid knowledge on system and network troubleshooting
- 2+ years of experience on Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with an Infrastructure-as-code tool such as Terraform
- Experience with Gitops principles
- Fluent in English, French is a plus (other languages are appreciated)
And it would be nice (not required) if you have:
- Experience with a service-mesh
- Development skills in Golang
- Experience in multiple kubernetes clusters management
- Experience with Service Level Objectives (SLO) and Error Budgets
What we have to offer:
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.