- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
As BlaBlaCar recently entered the bus marketplace market and has serious ambitions regarding the development of this activity in CEE (Russia, Ukraine, and Poland) we need to strengthen our legal team to support the operations in achieving their objectives.
You will be in charge of mainly supporting the business on all regulatory and commercial aspects related to BlaBlaCar’s bus activity, as well as supporting corporate and employment matters in Russia and Ukraine and will be reporting to the Legal Director for CEE based in Russia while working very closely with the Paris Legal Team, and local business teams.
- Drafting and reviewing all types of contracts related to the bus activities (incl. agency agreements, partnership agreements, marketing agreements, license agreements, etc.);
- Ensuring compliance of BlaBlaCar’s bus activity in CEE (Russia, Ukraine and Poland) with respect to regulatory matters (transportation law, competition law, consumer protection law, etc).
- Managing any pre-litigation and litigation related to this activity;
- Supporting housekeeping corporate matters that are mainly done by external counsel under the supervision of Legal Operations Manager;
- Advising on employment matters;
- Be a trusted advisor to the business, and provide critical legal and strategic input on a wide range of complex issues. Areas of particular relevance include commercial contracts, consumer issues, transportation regulation, competition law.
- Law degree in Russia (additional law degree in Ukraine or Poland is a plus but not mandatory) 6+ years of legal experience. The ideal background includes a combination of private practice and in-house experience with an online platform or transportation or a B2B company. Familiarity with transportation law is a plus but not mandatory.
- Highly motivated, creative, entrepreneurial, and laser-focused on the details; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, while collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done.
- Fluent in written and spoken English & Russian.
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills.
- Proactive, hard-working and solutions-oriented
- Excellent business judgment
- Nice to have: fluency in Ukrainian, Polish, French, or German
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- A 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- A 60-min video-call with the Hiring Manager, Head of Legal CEE and LATAM
- A 60-min video-call with the General Counsel
- A 45-min video-call with our Secretary General
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days, and offers usually come within 48 hours.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.