- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
We are looking for a Bus Procurement Manager to join the Operated Bus team, in charge of sourcing and negotiating over 150m€ worth of transportation contracts in France.
In this role you will grow your skills in negotiation, procurement and strategic thinking. You will have multiple internal and external stakeholders, and will embrace a wide scope of tasks from ground negotiations to strategic thinking. As such, the role requires a sharp, analytical mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, inter-personal skills and a strong commitment.
- Leading best-in-class RFI / RFP campaigns to reach our ambitious sourcing targets at the best costs and quality
- Structuring negotiation strategies through clear organization mapping (RACI, LAAs..) and scripts
- Developing our procurement strategies and playbook and continuously drive our team members towards procurement excellence
- Analyzing our partner portfolio and market trends to understand the underlying sourcing and partnership opportunities
- 5-7 years of experience in procurement roles, preferably related to the transport industry
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Operational agility and solution-driven mindset
- Ability to work with data to define priorities, actionable insights, and present results
- You have excellent communication & negotiation skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English and French
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- A 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- A 60-min video-call with Adrien Pradat, our VP Operated Buses
- A 60-min video-call with Louis Sachot and Sven Oldengott to discuss further our bus activity
- A fully remote exercise to evaluate your business and data skills
- A 60-min video-call with Judith Lavédrine, our Associate General Counsel
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.