- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Product Management
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
The People team at BlaBlaCar aims to ensure a smooth and positive experience all along the candidate and employee journey. The team is composed of 20 Fun & Serious individuals working on talent management, culture & engagement and people operations.
As an Employer Branding Manager, you would be part of the Talent Management team.
Your main mission will be to define our Employer Branding strategy worldwide, both tailored to our global needs and to an engineering audience. You will be responsible for developing an extensive roadmap that covers brand awareness touchpoints (social media, career pages, events, talent brand marketing) and employee advocacy in order to attract top talent and position BlaBlaCar as a best-in-class employer.
- Build an Employer Branding Strategy by:
- Developing an understanding our our target audience, key drivers of attraction and retention, and key messages and channels to reach them
- Deploying our Employee Value Proposition internally and externally
- Localizing our employer brand strategy to different countries
- Managing relationships with partners (ie. Welcome to the Jungle, Indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, etc)
- Boost our Brand Awareness by:
- Building a communication plan and managing content creation (videos, photoshoots, etc) to showcase our people, culture and commitment to diversity & inclusion
- Managing our career, social media and external pages (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, WTTJ, etc) with both organic and sponsored content
- Working with the communications team to push employer branding content in local markets
- Training employees to communicate about BlaBlaCar at employer branding events
- Building relationships with universities in France and abroad and managing academic events and projects
- Showcase BlaBlaCar as an attractive Tech workplace by:
- Actively organizing and participating in tech events on a monthly basis (ie. hackathons, meetups, recruitment events, academic events, etc)
- Managing our Medium tech blog, BlaBlaCar Engineering Twitter account, open source contributions and encourage/support other contributors across the company
- Communicating our tech vision and ensuring our technical information is up to date across relevant channels
- Identify relevant tech spokespersons to promote our tech vision and workplace
- Previous experience in a tech company
- Knowledge and understanding of tech ecosystem and trends, comfortable with engineering linguo
- Entrepreneurial & creative personality
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English and French, other languages would be a plus
- Nice to have: Previous experience in Employer Branding
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your Future Benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package with equity
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like:
- A 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- A 60-min video-call with Emilie Baliozian, Communication & Employer Branding Officer
- A case study followed by a presentation
- A 45-min video-call with one of our local TAM
- A 60-min video-call with Albane Hussenet, TA team lead
- A 45-min video-call with Stéphanie Fraise, VP Global Talent Management
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.