- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Product Management
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
BlaBlaCar is dedicated to constantly improving the service for its 90 million members community. We listen carefully to our members’ feedback to ensure we give them the best carpooling experience possible.
In that context, we have started partnerships to provide to our Members additional insurance to offer the most reliable service and a better protection. For instance, we have launched optional trip insurance covers for our Drivers or bus Passengers as well as an annual car insurance offer with the ambition to promote responsible and green behaviour on the road.
To fulfill this ambition, we are reinforcing a dedicated and highly-motivated team in Paris.
As a Senior Insurance Business Development Manager, you will work with internal parties and with our insurance partners to keep improving optin rates and the number of sales of all product lines in Europe (including France, Spain, Germany...). or ROW (Brazil, Russia, Ukraine). The objective is to generate more revenues for the company and keep on improving Members’ satisfaction.
You will be reporting to the Lead Insurance and will interact mainly with the Insurance Product Manager, Marketing Manager but also with the Legal and Finance Team.
- Designing and adapting Sales messages per channel and segment
- Improving the insurance covers we provide and the quality of service members experience
- Implementing suggested and identified changes to increase optin and sales, thanks to internal and external coordination
- Defining, setting up and running marketing campaigns
- Collecting, formatting and analysing marketing KPIs to measure performance
- Contributing to market research
- Experience in sales with a product management approach
- Familiar with online marketing metrics (CAC, CPC, etc.) and business models
- Strong analytical & data driven skills (A/B tests, statistics…)
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail, as well as having the ability to communicate complex details simply
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Enjoy working as a team-player and learning from others
- A first experience in Insurance is required
- Fluency in English
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- An analytical test and a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- 60-min video-call with our Lead Insurance to cover the business and Insurance part.
- A Business case to assess your numerical skills and vision of an exciting topic (1h)
- A last interview with our CFO (45 mn)
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.