- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
We’re looking for people to join our journey on BlaBlaCar Daily. We are an independent business unit of about 15 people who are passionate about building the best short distance carpooling solution. We are actively developing and testing the product in France and Switzerland with thousands of daily carpoolers. You will join a small team of engineers at an early stage in the project.
The current project goal is to iterate quickly and take over the commuting carpooling market. Our team is composed of experienced people that have worked on successful services before. The job provides a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. We operate independently and as part of BlaBlaCar, the world’s leading carpooling platform. BlaBlaCar has been created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road.
We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
We are looking for an Android engineer to join us on the development of the BlaBlaCar Daily Android app. You will work on technical challenges and product feature developments from the early conception meetings, development and test strategy, to deployment in the Play Store, to monitoring the adoption of new releases.
One of your first challenges will be to contribute to the transition of the app toward an MVVM architecture using coroutines, Hilt and Unidirectional Data Flow.
- Designing, architecting and developing features for the BlaBlaCar Daily Android application
- Improving the quality of the application
- Improving the tooling and the CI/CD pipeline
- Sharing your knowledge of Android guidelines and best practices with the UX team
- Conducting code reviews
- Collaborating with non-technical stakeholders to help shape the features that you will ship
- 5+ years experience in tech companies with a strong engineering culture
- Familiarity with MVVM architecture and the clean architecture
- Experience working on RESTful API, Dagger, Retrofit, Kotlin, Kotlin coroutines, RxJava, unit and integration tests
- Having published an app on the Play Store
- Ability to find the good balance between fast iterations and quality of delivery
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You have a results-driven and product-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: Brazil, France, Germany, Poland, Russia, Spain, Ukraine
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your Future Benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair and competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy
- Trainings and career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.