- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Software Engineering
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 100 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
We are looking for an iOS engineer to join us on the development of the BlaBlaCar iOS app. You will work on technical challenges and product feature developments from early-stage conception, to development, testing strategy, deployment in the App Store and monitoring of new releases.
By joining the Publish Squad, you will be part of a Full Stack team which today consists of : 6 Frontend Engineers, 2 Backend Engineers, 1 Product Manager, 1 UX Designer, 1 Data Analyst, 1 Quality Engineer and 1 Engineering Manager responsible for providing to our drivers the best-in-class experience for the management of their rides, bookings and travels with their passengers.
Our team is composed of experienced people that have worked on Frontend and Backend platforms for several years. The job provides a lot of opportunities to learn and grow.
- Design, architect and develop features for the BlaBlaCar applications
- Collaborate with non-technical stakeholders to help shape the features that you will ship
- Be responsible of the quality of the application, and contribute at improving it
- Share your knowledge in the team: provide documentation on your work, enforce good practices and processes, communicate on changes
- 5+ years experience building iOS apps in Swift with a strong engineering culture
- Experience with MVVM architecture, Coordinator pattern and ideally modularization
- Familiar with RESTful API, unit tests with XCTest framework, RxSwift or any other reactive programming framework (e.g: Combine)
- Ability to find the good balance between fast iterations and quality of delivery
- You have excellent communication skills, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and product-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: Brazil, France, Germany, Poland, Russia, Spain, Ukraine
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call)
- A fair and competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays:10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling and bus-rides wherever whenever
- Here is what your hiring journey will look like
- A 60-min video-call with our TAM Chloé to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- A 60-min video-call with the Engineering Manager Cyril
- A fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills
- A 90-min video call with software engineers to review your exercise, going deeper into your technical skills in problem solving
- A 30-min virtual coffee to get to know the team (Olivier, Charlotte ...)
- A 45-min video-call with our Head of Engineering Nicolas
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours after the final step in the process.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.