- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Software Engineering
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
As a first step toward the ambition to be the go-to marketplace for shared mobility, BlaBlaCar is developing new services which are set to fuel high growth for the company. Over the past couple of years, we have extended our historical Carpooling activities by offering bus rides on our marketplace. We are now looking at scaling this new business line further and we are planning to enter the train market very soon.
Within our Pro Connect team we are building the core of the technical ecosystem dedicated to external bus and train partners. A brand-new platform based on a service-oriented architecture which aims at aggregating bus and train inventory worldwide and helping transport companies to boost their fill-up rate and their business on our marketplace.
As Engineering Manager of our Pro Connect team, you will have an unique opportunity of joining these ambitious company goals and to bring this new business line to the next level of growth
- Defining and managing the technical roadmap and delivery process of the team.
- Leading development of the solutions designed by your team, ensuring performance, stability and long term scalability of the platform.
- Providing technical support to our product management, business development and executive-level stakeholders; fueling our product objectives and business ambitions with meaningful technical support.
- Managing team organization, staffing, recruitment, career and personal development of your team staff.
- Managing technical relationships, working processes and operating mode with technical teams of our bus and train partners.
- Position opened to senior engineer who wants to move to a management role
- Experience in managing development processes using agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience in managing global software solutions development based on object-oriented technologies (JAVA Springboot) in a distributed systems environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
- Excellent communication skills, humility and eager to share & learn from others
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity, with a strong ability to take a step back and lead tech roadmap based on high level company objectives.
- Results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English
- Nice to have: Experience at managing technical integration of API-based services with external technical partners.
- Nice to have: Experience on Cloud Computing infrastructure (such GCP and/or Kubernetes) and event-driven architecture (Kafka).
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.