- Kyiv, UA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Software Engineering
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to support our vision for an international bus marketplace. You will join a team that develops the core infrastructure and digital tools to serve and connect professional bus carriers across the world and enable them to sell tickets on our platform. The technology we develop today will be scaled across markets across the world and will take us one step closer to becoming the #1 marketplace for shared travel.
Our Tech Stack contains modern Technologies and frameworks (Java, Spring, PostgreSQL, run in Docker containers managed by an advanced CI/CD system).
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, in a team of 8 engineers
- Building a robust and scalable backend that support BlaBlaCar websites and mobile apps, as well as connexions to external bus partners systems
- Taking part in the design definition of the services and their APIs to ensure they are scalable, robust and easy to use
- Interacting with multiple internal stakeholders (product managers, business analyst, data scientists, etc) and external bus partners tech teams
- Deploying and operating your services to production and ensuring they are performing as expected through monitoring and instrumentation
- 2-5+ years of experience in engineering teams within tech companies
- Strong proficiency in Java (Spring) and Object-Oriented development
- Open and eager to constantly learn new technologies
- A first experience in a Service Oriented Architecture ecosystem as well as other technologies such as Kafka ClikHouse, PL/SQL, Oracle, is a plus
- Be humble, structured, organized, motivated by innovation and a relentless doer
- Enjoy working as a team-player and learning from others
- Product-oriented spirit with the ambition to deliver the best experience to end-users
- Experience working with GCP, AWS or any equivalent Cloud platform.
- Proficientin English & Ukrainian
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Top of the market employment terms and conditions incl. meals and transportation allowance
- 100% coverage for health care insurance
- 50% coverage for spouse & children health care insurance
- 100% salary reimbursement for maternity leave
- 100% salary reimbursement for 1 month paternity leave
- Choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment
- Possibility to work full remote anywhere in Ukraine (even after the Covid crisis)
- Learning opportunities through trainings, Free English courses, Conferences
- Be part of an international engineering team with 260+ talents
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.