- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Software Engineering
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
To give you an idea, here are some of our current projects:
- Extend our existing payment services with new payment methods and providers, and perpetuate its best-in-class implementation.
- Prepare the extraction of the next service as part of our service-oriented architecture migration, and take part in it from the start.
- Automate the generation of the code used by the clients of our APIs using OpenAPI.
We believe that well performing services are ones that are followed by the same people throughout its application lifecycle. This means that you will be there from the early conception meetings, development and test strategy, to deployment in production, monitoring and support.
- Participate in the design, development and maintenance of new Java services to contribute to our SOA migration.
- Maintaining existing services in PHP, and contributing to keeping them up-to-date as modern PHP applications.
- Participate to the whole application lifecycle, meaning : early meetings, design, development, tests strategy, deploy to production, monitoring, alerting and support.
- Implementing new payment methods in different countries.
- Developing your skills around a sensitive element of the BlaBlaCar infrastructure.
- Interacting with people with different roles and backgrounds and share your technical expertise with a mix of technical, product and business experts.
- 2+ years experience in tech companies with a strong engineering culture.
- Fluency in object oriented language development (mainly Java and PHP).
- Good knowledge of service oriented architecture and architectural patterns.
- Familiar with databases; especially relational ones like MySQL.
- Hands-on experience with developer tools like Git, Docker, Kubernetes, and the ELK stack.
- Ability to find the good balance between fast iterations and quality of delivery.
- Product oriented mindset with the ambition to deliver the best experience to the end users.
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English
- Nice to have: proficiency in French
- Nice to have: Knowledge of frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot, JUnit and Mockito
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer:
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.