- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Software Engineering
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
The data teams’ purpose is to supply dependable data and algorithms to BlaBlaCar’s employees and products. Our mission is to enhance our operations and products using machine learning (ML) and algorithms.
For example, we’re taking care of matching drivers with passengers, designing the best long-distance bus network, etc...
The Data Automation Team is composed of ML engineers, Data scientists and back-end engineers. Within the Data Automation Team your mission will be to provide the marketing team with best-in-class tools to scale, automate and optimize their operations.
- Participating in the team’s technical stack’s design
- Designing and building scalable marketing automation back-end services
- Interfacing these back-end services to user-facing front-ends and ML services
- Implementing observability, monitoring and alerting
- Work hand in hand with our ML engineers and Product manager to provide our marketing team with the best-in-class, ML and Data driven tools
- Making the Data Automation Team fully autonomous in the production environment, as well as maximizing our velocity with best tools and infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience in engineering teams within tech companies
- Fluency in Object-Oriented language development (Java and/or Go is a plus) and to constantly learn new technologies
- Startup mindset where iterating fast and delivering quality is key to the success of the project
- Practical knowledge of ops tools (monitoring, deployment, containers, linux…) and willingness to contribute in building a true DevOps environment
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English
- Nice to have: Experience in front-end development
- Nice to have: Experience in deploying scalable applications in a cloud environment - using Kubernetes for instance
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.