- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Software Engineering
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
We are looking for a seasoned Software Engineer to join the Monetize team, which is in charge of operating configurable tools for the monetization of all countries where BlaBlaCar is available.
Your role will be to contribute to the development of the applications within the team’s scope along with the other team members, and to help the team make decisions that will allow it to succeed in its mission by sharing your expertise and knowledge.
- Participate in the complete development lifecycle of the team’s applications; from early meetings and design to development, test strategy and deployment without forgetting monitoring, alerting and support.
- Improve the service provided to our members by making your technical expertise understandable when interacting with a mix of technical, product and business experts.
- Contribute to our “Share more, learn more” principle by both sharing development best practices with other teams, as well as promoting the usage of these best practices within the team.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- You have 5+ years of experience from companies with a strong engineering culture.
- You are fluent in Java and it’s frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, JUnit and Mockito.
- You have hands-on experience with Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus and MySQL.
- You know what a service oriented architecture looks like, and you can determine when to apply a given architectural pattern.
- You understand when and how to do a tradeoff between fast iterations and delivery quality.
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English
- Nice to have: proficiency in French and being familiar with billing environments.
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- A 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions,
- A fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills,
- A 60-min video-call with two of our engineers to discuss about your exercise and allow you to explain your thought process,
- Two separate 60-min video-calls to assess your problem solving skills through live-coding and design exercices with two of our engineers,
- A 60-min video-call with our Engineering Manager to evaluate your collaboration and communication skills, and answer any specific questions you might have about the team, and
- A 45-min video-call with our VP to help us ensure consistency across teams
- Usually, our hiring process lasts 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.