- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Software Engineering
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
In order to constantly improve its usage and service, BlaBlaCar has launched a new business line that is set to fuel tremendous growth for the company. By joining the BlaBlaCar Pro Supply Integration team, you will have the unique opportunity of joining a new vertical at BlaBlaCar and of helping us become the n.1 destination for road transport.
Within the Pro Supply Integration team, we are building the heart of our new technical platform dedicated to our bus transport partners. A brand-new ecosystem based on a service-oriented architecture that aims at helping worldwide bus companies to sell trips and manage their offers on our marketplace.
By joining our experimented and talented tech team, you’ll contribute to the design and development of new services for bus professionals, making sure they are robust and scalable. You’ll build new platform features and you’ll manage the integration of new bus partners APIs. Thanks to your technical expertise and your communications skills you’ll work closely with our product and business experts as well as tech teams of our partners.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, in a team of 5 engineers (to date)
- Building a robust and scalable backend that support BlaBlaCar websites and mobile apps, as well as connexions to external bus partners systems
- Taking part in the design definition of the services and their APIs to ensure they are scalable, robust and easy to use
- Interacting with multiple internal stakeholders (product managers, business analyst, data scientists, etc) and external bus partners tech teams
- Deploying and operating your services to production and ensuring they are performing as expected through monitoring and instrumentation
- Strong proficiency in Java (Spring) and Object-Oriented development
- Open and eager to constantly learn new technologies
- A first experience in a Service Oriented Architecture ecosystem as well as other technologies such as PHP/Symfony2, MySql, ElasticSearch, Kafka, is a plus
- Be humble, structured, organized, motivated by innovation and a relentless doer
- Enjoy working as a team-player and learning from others
- Product-oriented spirit with the ambition to deliver the best experience to end-users
- Fluent in spoken and written English, proficiency French is a plus
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- A 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- A 60-min video-call with our Engineering Manager to give you more visibility regarding team organization and tech challenges.
- A fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills
- 60-min video-call with 2 Software Engineer to discuss about your exercise: code review, Coding Live and Design
- A 45-min video-call with our VP
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.