- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Software Engineering
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
The Engineering Productivity Team, part of the Foundations Team, is responsible for designing, building and maintaining BlaBlaCar’s software factory in a fast-paced environment. The team’s work ensures that our community of over 100 million members benefit from the work of the entire Engineering Team, composed of 200 engineers, in a smooth and innovative fashion. We aim to accelerate delivery, simplify the Engineering experience, guarantee reliable workflow and satisfy Engineering needs at scale.
We think ahead. We move fast. We like bleeding-edge technologies.
Our technical stack is composed of:
- Infra: Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Automation: Terraform, Helm
- Observability: Datadog
- Alerting: PagerDuty
- CI/CD: Git, Jenkins, Flux
- Languages: Php, Java, Python, Golang
- Designing, building and improving parts of our Software Factory, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, to address scaling and resiliency needs on our cloud platforms;
- Developing tools and services to ease the work of developers;
- Designing and building systems to automate away problems;
- Responding to, investigating and fixing service issues;
- Defining and promoting software engineering best-practices;
- Supporting engineers and helping them improve software development lifecycle and processes.
- Relevant experience working in a system and/or software engineering role
- Good knowledge in automating and scripting
- Solid experience at least one systems oriented language (Go, Python, Rust, you name it)
- Passion for shipping well engineered and well tested code
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix fundamentals
- Experience with complex production systems and web technologies
- Experience in designing and building tooling for cloud platforms
- Knowledge of container and process isolation technologies, especially Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with large continuous integration/delivery systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Good knowledge of configuration management and monitoring systems
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English
- Nice to have: Knowledge in network infrastructure
- Nice to have: Contribution to open-source projects
- Nice to have: International work or study experience
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.