- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 100 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
One of BlaBlaCar’s key strategic goals is to foster a highly engaged community of users. The Customer Support Team at BlaBlaCar is an international, multiple award-winning team that aims at providing assistance to our community and contributes to the great experience of our users. This ensures our members an enriching and trustworthy experience. The Customer Support Team is answering questions and requests in 20 different languages, everyday and 7 days a week. Our current vision and goal is to increase expertise within our internal team (social media, content, quality assurance…).
As Customer Support Manager for France, you will be leading the entire French team, both internal and external, and will directly manage experts and associate managers. You will be representing France within the company through this transformation phase, while optimizing team performance (in-house & outsourcing). You will report directly to the Operations Manager Western Europe & Asia.
- Lead and motivate the Customer Support Team France, a team of 18 people, to reach a high standard of excellence in handling all of member related topics
- Share results and objectives with your team and determine how to reach them given the resources in hand
- Communicate updates regarding strategy, company & product news to your team, and ensure their engagement
- Identify staffing needs & issues for your team by analyzing its activity and workload (internal & external teams)
- Monitor your team’s performance and KPIs, identify areas of improvement and design actionable solutions
- Support and follow the career path and development of your direct team members and accompany them in reaching their goals and ambitions
- Represent your team and be the go-to person for any Customer Support France-related topics within the company
- You have previous experience in management in a customer support department
- You are a people-person and have a strong customer-centric mindset
- You have excellent analytical skills to analyze the activity, identify problems and propose solutions
- You are comfortable using spreadsheet softwares for reporting and presentations
- You are fluent in French and English
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: Brazil, France, Germany, Poland, Russia, Spain, and Ukraine.
- A flexible workplace: with our hybrid remote setup and family-friendly policies, we are masters of our own schedules and work-life balance, no questions asked.
- A culture of sharing: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, Q&A sessions with our leadership, shared company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make dev’ dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our weekly breakfasts and afterworks, or show off your talent at our annual BlaBlaShow.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your Future Benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote* (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair and competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy
- Trainings and career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
- Full remote: work from anywhere in your country of employment.
- Interested in joining the ride? Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- A 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- A 60-min video-call with Salomé de Michel Duroc, Operations Manager Western Europe & Asia, and Igor Pavlov, Head of Community Operations
- A case study to evaluate your technical skills, including a presentation
- A 45-min video-call with our VP Customer Support, Elina Roetynk
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.