- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
The Community Relations team is a team of 100 people organized in 3 divisions : Local Ops, Trust & Safety and a Central team of Project Managers and Knowledge Experts.
We’re looking for a seasoned manager to lead this Central team and guarantee the delivery of our vision and strategy for Customer Support. You will report directly to the VP Community Relations and collaborate closely with Managers of other divisions.
Success in this role means that you have managed to translate our “Dream Support” vision into an actionable roadmap with clear projects, deliverables and ownership, set clear monitoring processes, and report to the company leadership in a structured and timely manner.
Moreover, you should be able to empower your team to deliver on our ambitious roadmap, grow as professionals and proactively suggest new projects and initiatives to further scale and improve our support operations.
- Team leadership
- You will manage and empower a division consisting of Project Managers and Training Specialists (9 people in total divided in 2 teams)
- You will set individual and team goals and will be accountable for the delivery of your teams, ensuring they work in the most impactful and efficient way towards the company and team objectives
- Translate vision into delivery
- You will be accountable for the support strategy, key KPIs such as contact rate, customer satisfaction and agent efficiency as well as the financial performance of the Support organisation
- Based on company and team objectives, you will create yearly/quarterly roadmaps with clear projects, deadlines and ownership, distribute the work across your team and ensure the delivery
- You will partner with the Ops management of different regions to deliver a world class customer experience across all markets and all channels
- You will contribute to the Community Relations Steering Committee together with the company leadership and the CEO.
- Project Management & Innovation
- You and your team will constantly benchmark tools and technology that will allow us to further optimize our operations and increase customer satisfaction
- Together with your team, you will continuously audit our internal processes in order to remove or improve all inefficiencies and continuously streamline our workflows
- You will build a strong relationship with the Tech team to continuously improve our technology and processes
- As we are scaling with the help of external partners, BPOs, you will ensure that our existing and new partnerships are as efficient and effective as we expect them to be
- Data analysis & Monitoring
- You will build reporting based on our current company and team objectives
- You will build a dynamic forecasting model for operations team to adapt their staffing according to growth projections and seasonality
- You will conduct complex and deep-dive analysis on team performance against our objectives and translate the analysis into concrete action plans.
- You will build business cases for our new projects and initiatives to secure resources and onboard company management.
- If necessary you will recruit /onboard a data analyst in the team
- You have 8+ years of experience with a proven track record of operational project management, driving high impact projects to completion (identifying / prioritizing / scoping / driving projects)
- You have 5+ years of management experience, ideally in customer service organizations
- You are data driven and have a strong ability to lead analysis based on all available information and prioritize your work to focus on the projects with highest impact
- You are familiar with data analysis tools such as Tableau and project management tools such as JIRA
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English
- Nice to have: Understanding of marketplace business model and experience in the tech world
- Nice to have: knowledge of support systems like Zendesk
- Nice to have: proficiency in French
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your Future Benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.