- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our core belief that you can never care too much or be too thoughtful, we do things a little differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s most loved flower and gifting platform, growing at 100% year on year.
2021 has been an exciting year for us! In January we announced our £75 million Series D funding round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), with participation from multiple other top tier investors including Index Ventures (who have also backed companies such as Transferwise and Glossier). Bloom & Wild acquired bloomon in April 2021 and Bergamotte in July 2021, cementing our position as Europe’s leading online flower company. Together, we are active in 8 countries. We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
We have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.
People at Bloom & Wild
The People Team at Bloom and Wild supports our team members globally through a mix of business partnering and global centres of excellence. We put people first and process second, and together with many others, are the custodians of the Bloom and Wild group culture. The People Team focuses on:
- Talent Acquisition and Employer Branding: Continue to be known as having an excellent recruitment and onboarding process and finding exceptional quality new team members.
- Talent Development: Continuously improve our Talent Management strategy, linking role performance and impact to career development in a clear, honest and fair manner.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Creating a culture of conscious inclusion, belonging and progressing our diversity journey across our core pillars of gender, ethnicity, disability & neurodiversity, sexual orientation, multi-generational, religion and social mobility
- HR Infrastructure and Employee Relations: Continually evolving our ways of working and people infrastructure (policies, systems, contracts) in line with growing operations.
- Culture and Engagement: Continuously identify ways to improve team engagement and wellbeing by enhancing and promoting our culture and environment.
- Learning and Development: Continuously coaching and developing the entire Bloom and Wild Team to enable them to achieve their objectives and be successful in their roles.
- Business Partnering: Partnering with leaders across our business to develop an organisation and talent agenda to support the needs of our whole team, including many high growth business functions
- The role and ways of working
- We’re looking for a Talent Associate to join our People Team and support us with hiring exceptional talent into our business.
- Working closely with our Talent Acquisition Team, you’ll help us to create amazing experiences for our candidates and hiring managers.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is excited to work for a fast growing business, keen to learn something new everyday and who really cares about creating a candidate experience we can be proud of.
You’ll work closely with line managers across all parts of our business, to support, and in time lead, on end-to-end recruiting. This will include:
- Meeting with hiring managers to understand recruiting briefs and agree the selection the criteria and roadmap.
- Creating and publishing roles on our ATS and relevant job boards.
- Management of candidates throughout our selection process, ensuring timely and friendly communications.
- Supporting our hiring managers with screening calls and ongoing interview co-ordination, ensuring a best in class experience throughout.
- Provide meaningful and timely feedback to candidates.
- Update weekly reports.
- Own the quality of data within our ATS and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Active management of our Talent Pool.
- Manage our candidate enquiry mailbox.
- Co-ordinate our internal referral process.
- Seek out top talent through a variety of direct channels including Linkedin, social channels and more.
- Look out for opportunities to elevate our employer brand through a variety of channels including events, networking, social media and through every interaction with candidates.
- Support on projects across the team as needed.
- You will have some previous recruitment coordination experience in a results focused environment. Ideally, this will include interviewing experience too.
- You love recruiting and are able to engage with candidates in a way that creates excitement and interest in joining our team.
- You’re a super organised multi-tasker, comfortable working at pace and on changing priorities while maintaining a sharp eye for detail.
- You have high emotional intelligence and the ability to adapt your style to suit the situation.
- You have experience of working with at least one applicant tracking system.
- You are truly passionate about enabling Diversity & Inclusion in recruitment funnels
- You’re a great communicator, both written and verbal.
- You love to learn and often take initiative to improve things.
- You’re interested in discovering new hiring channels that will enable us to seek out great talent.
- It would be great if you also….
- Have experience in a fast-growing (preferably consumer-facing) startup, supporting both technical and non-technical teams.
- Have some experience of searching and making direct approaches to passive candidates.
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern, and the return to our beautiful, flower filled office will be gradual, considered and only when our team feels safe to do so .
Whilst recognising that some of our team will prefer to be in the office, this period has proven that we can successfully embrace remote working. Our plan moving forward is to continue to find ways of incorporating remote work into our daily, business as usual, ways of operating. We have no expectation that our teams will need to come into the office 5 days per week again, and we pride ourselves in fulfilling our Work From Home Promise - here.
In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Twice weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content.
- Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions celebrated with the team.
- Virtual Stand Up for weekly company updates, and Virtual Monthly Meeting to celebrate our successes and value nominations.
- Remote lunch and learns.
- Wellbeing support through online coaching sessions and employee assistance program, talking about challenges that we are facing in the current environment.
- New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely.
We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride in our day to day activities (find out more here) and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, and there are regular company-wide events.
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, startup culture, with employee-friendly policies such as:
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday.
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-4).
- We offer flexible bank holidays so at any time you can make a bank holiday day-off trade and in its place take off another day that fits better with your beliefs, values and celebration calendar.
- Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work.
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches.
- Season ticket loan.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth.
- Personal Development Budget.
- Family Friendly Policy - including enhanced family friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme.
- Pension Contribution.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Lunch & Learns.
- Discounted blooms.
- Bloom & Go Wild trips - most recently we went to Paris!
- See more on what it’s like to work at Bloom & Wild here!
Our Recruitment Process
Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 the interview process will be conducted remotely. This will involve an initial call with Elaina, our Talent Acquisition Lead, followed by a task and meeting with other members of the Talent Team, and finally, an interview with Jane, our Director of People, and Aron, our Founder and CEO.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.