- Nuneaton, UK
- Date Posted
- Sep. 30, 2021
Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our core belief that you can never care too much or be too thoughtful, we do things a little differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s most loved flower and gifting platform, growing at 100% year on year.
2021 has been an exciting year for us! In January we announced our £75 million Series D funding round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), with participation from multiple other top tier investors including Index Ventures (who have also backed companies such as Transferwise and Glossier). Bloom & Wild acquired bloomon in April 2021 and Bergamotte in July 2021, cementing our position as Europe’s leading online flower company. Together, we are active in 8 countries. We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team. We have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.
Operations at Bloom & Wild
The Operations team at Bloom & Wild is split broadly into three sub-teams, although in practice these sub-teams all work very closely together:
Fulfilment & Delivery - working closely with our fulfilment partners and carrier partners (and coordinating our own delivery network) to achieve operational excellence and optimise for customer satisfaction, delivery performance, capacity and associated COGS. This sub-team also manages our cross-functional peak planning processes and forecasting at fulfilment level.
Own fulfilment team - Across our 3 strong brands of; Bloom & Wild, Bloomon and Bergamotte we have various warehouses across the EU. The teams based at these sites optimises for customer satisfaction, quality and associated COGs.
Supply Chain and Quality - this team manages our supply chain for packaging and non floral gifts as well as working with our flower supply chain partners to optimise for quality in our supply chain.
As a member of the ‘own fulfillment team’, the Production Supervisor will be based at the Innovation centre which is situated just outside of Nuneaton (UK) and within easy reach of Coventry. The Innovation Centre opened in July 2021 and fulfills orders as part of the range expansion plans. You will have a direct reporting line to the Operations Support Manager and will be supported by the wider Operations Team (and the rest of the Bloom & Wild team of course!).
The role and ways of working
As a Production Supervisor, you’ll be an integral part of the management team and take responsibility for the efficient running of the production floor on a day-to-day basis and ultimately be responsible for supporting the onsite Operational Management team with creating a world-class fulfillment center. Everything you do will reflect the strong culture and values we’ve been establishing across our business since day one. You’ll be hugely operationally and people focused, ensuring that we continue to deliver on our mission to delight our customers with every product they receive.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advocate and enforce the site safety procedures, taking responsibility for all accident and near-miss reporting
- Execute the production plan optimising the use of capacity with available labour resources whilst always ensuring that workers are motivated.
- Ensuring production units and cost targets are met by building and executing the daily production plan from order forecast
- Take ownership and responsibility for opening/closing the fulfillment centre
- Work with the wider team to ensure the site has sufficient materials and supplies to fulfil orders
- Working alongside the Quality Manager to ensure all products fulfilled from the UIC are in line with our quality standards.
- Direct Line management for Line Leaders as well as Bloom & Wild and Agency Production Operatives
- Responsible for all people related activities including but not limited to employment relations cases such as; Investigation, Disciplinary, Absence and return to work meetings.
- Training and upskilling of Production Operatives on duties including; flower production, quality, care
- Continuous improvement of the production, seeking new ways of operating and initiatives.
- Assist the operations team in the planning of peak periods like Christmas, Mothers’ Day and Valentines Day to make sure that our customers are delighted with every delivery
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a shift supervisor or line production in a warehouse environment, with relevant People Management experience.
- Proficient in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with the ability to spot an anomaly, identify an issue and problem solve to resolution.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Comfortable analysing data and both verbalising and reporting insights using Excel
- Structured approach to work with an ability to plan ahead and problem solve issues.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- You’ll embody all of our values; Customer First, Innovation, Delight, Care & Pride, in everything that you do.
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern. Through the implementation of stringent coronavirus controls we have been able to continue operating our warehouses safely but will continue to monitor the situation and follow government guidelines.
Our perks and benefits:
- Personal training budget plus Lunch & Learns
- Company pension plan
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policy
- Workplace nursery - a salary sacrifice based childcare scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Contribution
- Discounts on our blooms!
We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride (find out more here), and look to reward those who are demonstrating them exceptionally in their day to day activities.
Our Recruitment Process
Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 the interview process will be conducted remotely. This will involve online video calls with our Plant Manager, Operations Support Manager and the Lead People Partner.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.