- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Product Engineering
Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our core belief that you can never care too much or be too thoughtful, we do things a little differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are the world’s leading and most loved flower and gifting platform, growing at 100% year on year (and we’ve been extremely fortunate to see growth remain strong during the pandemic).
2021 has already been an exciting year for us, in January we announced our £75 million Series D funding round round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), with participation from multiple other top tier investors including Index Ventures (who have also backed companies such as Transferwise and Glossier). More recently, we’ve announced the acquisition of the Dutch online flower business bloomon and the French online flower business Bergamotte, together creating Europe’s leading online flower delivery company, with our three strong brands active across 8 countries. We have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team - so we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Product at Bloom & Wild
Our Product team sits within our tech and product organisation and consists of a group of 16 people, from designers, product managers and a CPO. The team is made up of full-stack squads working in biweekly sprints to achieve quarterly OKRs. Each of these squads is responsible for all the strategic decision making within their Product area. In addition, we use tools such as Slack, Jira, Github, and Trello to communicate efficiently and asynchronously - this allows us to work with anyone, anywhere.
The role and ways of working
As a Product Manager in the Supply Chain & Operations domain, you will ensure our internal operational systems scale to deliver our stretching business goals. We are a rapidly growing, international business and you will need to balance high levels of ambiguity and autonomy whilst solving some of our biggest operational challenges. Primarily, you will work with a broad set of teams to identify, prioritise and develop solutions to our fulfilment, supply and delivery challenges. As we grow our company (in terms of the volume of our customers, our product range and the countries we are active in), we need systems that will grow with us.
Looking toward automation and efficiency, we are looking for a new colleague who is passionate about operational efficiency. You will define and lead the product roadmap that will support our growth aspirations.
- Setting up a product vision and strategy for your domain
- Creating an operations product roadmap to enable the scaling of the combined business including flexible warehouse management systems
- Understanding the impact our internal supply chain tools have on creating an exceptional customer experience, by using quantitative and qualitative data
- Collaborating with our production and operational teams, follow and take part in their processes (for example, by regularly visits to our warehouse in Amstelveen) to see the opportunities for improvement
- Leading a squad of 6 colleagues to improve our stock, forecasting, fulfilment and delivery management
- Supporting the launch of new geographies and expanded product ranges
- Gather best practices and keep track of technologies and software solutions of third parties that can help in driving bloomon’s smarter supply chain
- Collaborating with the data science team to build data-driven systems
- 2-3 years of experience working as a Product Manager/(technical) Product Owner
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience in working in the field of Supply Chain Management is a plus
- Passion for operations, efficiency and automation. You have a naturally curious mindset
- Structured thinking and data-driven approach
- Strong communication skills: you know how to talk to customers, engineers and stakeholders across the organization
- Are based and eligible to work in the Netherlands
Currently our full team is working from home and adapting quickly to being totally remote. We pride ourselves in fulfilling our Work From Home Promise - here
In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Twice weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content
- Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions celebrated with the team
- Virtual Stand Up for weekly company updates, and Virtual Monthly Meeting to celebrate our successes and value nominations
- Remote lunch and learns
- Wellbeing support through online coaching sessions and employee assistance program, talking about challenges that we are facing in the current environment
- New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely
Current additional bloomon benefits:
- Working in a flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- Electrical Van Moof lease bike at your disposal
- Happiness days (4 extra days off per year for your personal “me-time”)
- And of course lots of beautiful fresh flowers!
- We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride in our day to day activities (find out more here) and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, with regular company-wide events.
- Return to work and our new normal
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern during this period and our return to our beautiful, flower filled office will be gradual, considered and only when our team feels safe to do so.
Whilst recognising that some of our team will prefer to work in our office, this period has proven that our team can embrace remote work extremely successfully and our plan moving forward is to find ways of continuing to incorporate remote work into our ways of working.
Benefits when life goes back to normal (at bloomon):
- Friday drinks and social events
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace
- Daily fresh and healthy lunch prepared by our lovely lunch chefs