- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Product Management
Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our core belief that you can never care too much or be too thoughtful, we do things a little differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s most loved flower and gifting platform, growing at 100% year on year.
2021 has been an exciting year for us! In January we announced our £75 million Series D funding round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), with participation from multiple other top tier investors including Index Ventures (who have also backed companies such as Transferwise and Glossier). Bloom & Wild acquired bloomon in April 2021 and Bergamotte in July 2021, cementing our position as Europe’s leading online flower company. Together, we are active in 8 countries. We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
We have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.
Brand at Bloom & Wild
Our team at Bloom & Wild is now over 170 people with a brand and creative team of 12. We’re responsible for our global brand strategy and creative output and work with teams across the business in all markets to bring this to life.
We’re a vibrant and dynamic bunch of creative problem solvers, spanning Creative/Design, Copy/Content, Social and PR. We use customer insight and creative flair to build uplifting and innovative brand experiences for our customers, and constantly challenge ourselves to do better. We collaborate closely with Customer Insight to inform our thinking, the Range and Business Development teams on crafting our products and services, with the International teams on plans that resonate in their local markets, and with our Digital Product and Design teams on our website and app.
We’re passionate about who we are as a brand and how we show up in the world - and we love seeing Bloom & Wild grow, so we work at a fast pace, pouring thought and care into everything we do.
The role and ways of working
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Creative Production Manager to lead and shape our in-house creative resourcing, taking project requests from the business through to delivery of work.
Our work spans many channels, including marketing (paid social, email), physical product design (packaging, hardware), digital design (homepage, landing pages) and brand (campaign, press releases and press events, organic social).
We’re a really busy team with ever increasing demands, so you’ll be key in mapping the short and long-term projects across copy and design, to ensure delivery to brief, time and budget. This is a relatively new function to Bloom & Wild, so we’re looking for someone with expertise and fresh ideas to help shape our processes and ways of working.
You’ll ensure the whole team runs as a well-oiled machine! This means forecasting, scoping and tracking projects of all sizes, and continually aligning on business and team priorities.
You’ll shape our briefing and workflow processes, to ensure detailed and actionable briefs, and you’ll spot opportunities for greater efficiency.
Working closely with all members of the Brand team, you’ll ensure that the right people are working on the right projects, based on skill sets, strengths and business priorities, and that our copywriters and designers are able to deliver through accurate briefs.
You’ll map the creative and copy workflow into short term and long term plans, to deliver smooth project running and to forecast team capacity. You’ll propose and recruit freelance support as needed.
You’ll develop cross-business relationships and help to educate stakeholders on briefing best practice. You’ll use excellent negotiation skills to find the balance between managing expectations and ‘push back’ to ensure we’re delivering the right things at the right time.
You’ll collaborate closely with the brand team and external stakeholders to keep projects running and on track, and will lead stand ups and project kick offs where needed.
- You’ll lead the end-to-end production process, workflows and communication from brief to delivery of assets, including sign off and approval.
- You’ll be comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and kindly delivering feedback.
- You’ll work closely with our photography producer to support creative operations as a whole for Bloom & Wild, including asset management.
- You have bags of experience working with creative teams and are a pro at understanding and fixing blockers, helping to accurately scope tasks.
- You are highly organised, with proven experience of delivering multiple projects on time.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- You have a strong understanding of our team’s work and how long things will take - across print, digital, paid/organic social and content.
- You’re solutions orientated and raise issues early to enable success.
- You love collaborating with others and communicate clearly and kindly, which helps you to build excellent relationships and get the best out of those around you.
- You have a strong supplier and freelance network that we can lean on for all creative and copy needs. You can monitor freelance costs.
You will have:
- 6+ years’ experience leading design/copy workflow and projects, either in-house or with a creative agency.
- Experience using Asana.
- Experience in developing processes to build and shape a resource function from scratch.
- Experience shaping a briefing structure across small, medium and large projects.
- An understanding of design and copy processes across the digital and print world, with a grasp of key terminology and timings for creative delivery.
- Experience with photoshoot production, asset management and image / model rights.
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern, and the return to our beautiful, flower filled office will be gradual, considered and only when our team feels safe to do so .
Whilst recognising that some of our team will prefer to be in the office, this period has proven that we can successfully embrace remote working. Our plan moving forward is to continue to find ways of incorporating remote work into our daily, business as usual, ways of operating. We have no expectation that our teams will need to come into the office 5 days per week again, and we pride ourselves in fulfilling our Work From Home Promise - here.
In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Twice weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content.
- Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions celebrated with the team.
- Virtual Stand Up for weekly company updates, and Virtual Monthly Meeting to celebrate our successes and value nominations.
- Remote lunch and learns.
- Wellbeing support through online coaching sessions and employee assistance program, talking about challenges that we are facing in the current environment.
- New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely.
We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride in our day to day activities (find out more here) and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, and there are regular company-wide events.
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, startup culture, with employee-friendly policies such as:
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday.
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-4).
- We offer flexible bank holidays so at any time you can make a bank holiday day-off trade and in its place take off another day that fits better with your beliefs, values and celebration calendar.
- Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work.
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches.
- Season ticket loan.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth.
- Personal Development Budget.
- Family Friendly Policy - including enhanced family friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme.
- Pension Contribution.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Lunch & Learns.
- Discounted blooms.
- Bloom & Go Wild trips - most recently we went to Paris!
- See more on what it’s like to work at Bloom & Wild here!
Our Recruitment Process
Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 the interview process will be conducted remotely. This will involve an interview with our Head of Brand and Head of Creative, followed by a task presented to a small panel, and then a final interview with a member of our senior leadership team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.