- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
- Business Development
- Business Applications
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
Dare to disrupt | inspire innovation
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren’t terrifying, we aren’t pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
Strategy & Business Operations is a new team at Boulevard charged with a wide-range of responsibilities focused on driving growth and improving business performance. Partnering with leadership on the company’s highest priority projects and initiatives, our work is consistently cross-functional and deeply analytical. The team’s work is a balanced mix of one-time strategic projects and ongoing performance optimization efforts across several areas, including:
- Corporate Strategy: where to play (markets, industries, customers) and how to win
- Corporate & Business Development: strategic partnerships, fundraising, and M&A
- Operational Improvement: serve as data-driven business consultants to various departments to improve the performance of our business (e.g., Payments processing efficiency, marketing spend effectiveness)
- Product Strategy: partner with Product team to build business cases for expansion products, set KPIs, and make roadmap prioritization decisions incorporating financial, operational, and competitive lenses
- Data & Analytics: lead customer insights discovery and collaborate with multiple teams to identify data structure requirements and tools to generate actionable insights
What You’ll Do Here
- Execute strategic initiatives by conducting research, building data-driven models, presenting insights recommendations to senior leadership, and drive the initial implementation of those recommendations
- Support transformative corporate strategy and development decisions including new market entry, fundraising, strategic partnerships, and acquisitions
- Improve our understanding of our market, customers, and competitors through quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- Serve as a go-to source of key data and analytical horsepower throughout the organization to continually improve the efficiency and profitability of our business
What You’ll Need To Thrive
- Experience: 4+ years in strategy consulting, investment banking, PE / VC or a similar strategy-related role at a Technology company
- Education: BA/BS degree in analytical field (Business, Finance, etc.) from leading academic institution
- Data Skills: Experience working with large datasets and diverse data (quantitative and qualitative; financial, operational, and competitive) to build models that deliver actionable insights
- Modeling Skills: Experience building ad-hoc business models from the ground up (Excel and Google Sheets)
- Problem Solving & Research Skills: Experience framing problems and conducting research utilizing internal and external data sources
- Project Management Skills: Exceptional organization, planning, prioritization, and time management capabilities
- Communication Skills: Experience creating polished presentations (PPT and Google Slides), presenting, and debating recommendations at the executive level
- Team Skills: Experience working cross-functionally with several departments
- Bonus Points: Experience with vertical SaaS, payments processing, or FinTech; SQL, Tableau, or other analytics platforms
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
- Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
- Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
- Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
- Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
- Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
- Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
- Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
- Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.