- Date Posted
- Dec. 31, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Boulevard | about us
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
Dare to disrupt | inspire innovation
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren’t terrifying, we aren’t pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
We are looking for a Director, Product Design to lead multi-disciplined teams in building products that are simple, opinionated, and well-crafted. In this role, will lead one of Boulevard’s core product areas, and coordinating with leadership across other teams. You’ll join our talented team and help shape not just our products, but our people and the way we design and build. On a typical day, you’ll give feedback in design critiques, coach your team through challenges, make strategic decisions with your peers in Product and Engineering, and interview candidates to join our team.
- Shape and communicate a compelling long-term design strategy and vision, reinforcing consistent quality standards while maintaining continuous innovation and evolution.
- Own the design process for your team—from problem definition to design implementation and iteration
- Partner with Product and Engineering to ensure projects are well-defined, high-impact, and successfully executed
- Guide products towards solutions that are unquestionably simple, intuitive, and “just work” for our users
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive, elegant, usable, and delightful user experience across all products and platforms
- Establish and advance design experimentation, prototyping and Boulevard’s overall product design practice as part of the software development process.
- Guide your team to discover what matters to users and help determine not just what things look like, but how they work and what we build next.
- Set ambitious but achievable goals and manage the product design team’s output.
- Hire, manage, and coach Product Designers, UX Designers, and Interaction Designers
- Grow the design team by attracting and retaining top talent
- 4+ years of experience leading a design team and 8+ years of design experience
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love
- Courage to admit when something you or your team designed ended up failing.
- A user-centered approach to designing software for people
- Experience attracting and hiring exceptional design talent
- Comfortable juggling a wide range of responsibilities at the same time
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Conversant in current technologies with an innate understanding of popular web and mobile application stacks.
- Fantastically strong written communication skills, from intra-team communication to great user-facing copy.
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
- Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
- Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
- Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
- Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
- Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
- Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
- Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
- Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.