- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
Dare to disrupt | inspire innovation
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren’t terrifying, we aren’t pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
What you’ll do here:
- Work closely with the Marketing, Design, Sales, and Product teams to translate designs into beautiful web experiences
- Bring to life static graphics, turning them into top of the line animations that are beautiful to the eye and interactive
- Work with peers to prioritize a web development roadmap, guaranteeing that all projects are well defined and aligned with the company roadmap
- Manage multiple web properties, implementing improvements, and deploying code regularly
- Help to empower marketing teams to manage content in a self-served and streamlined way through technological solutions
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: 6+ years of experience working as a web developer or Front End Specialist designing and building websites and products for both mobile and desktop browsers
- React Expert: Expert knowledge and understanding of building web experiences with React
- Front-end Fundamentals: Expert knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS, including a familiarity of Frameworks, Grids, and Responsive Design
- Component Building: A strong understanding of UX and UI design standards with expertise in strong functional UI Component Building
- Animations: Experience working with cutting edge animations (ex: recursive stepper component, dynamic scrolling, Jpeg sequences, Lottie integrations, page transitions)
- Data Tracking: An understanding and implementation of marketing campaigns including website analytics tracking & SEO - Segment/UTM codes/Google Analytics/tagging pixels
- Design to Reality: Ability to build upon low-fidelity prototypes and apply visual branding to bring any design to life with browser compatibility and accessibility
- Self Starter: The ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision or direction
- High-Quality Communicator: Top-notch negotiator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Timely: Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- BONUS POINTS Previous experience at a tech start-up | Contributions to open-source projects | Previous experience with Contentful
- Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Connect with the engineering team and key employee management stakeholders across the company
- Learn and understand the core business objectives and areas for improvement
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Suggest best practices and improvements for our marketing website and other online features
- Take ownership over the web development sprint cycle, individually managing tasks and setting your own deadlines
- Create dope animations alongside our Brand Designer, elevating our web assets to the next level
- Begin to pick up and learn new tools and technologies for your own career growth
- After 6 months you’ll...
- Be a key part of a growing team with potential leadership opportunities
- Show a clear, scalable path to effectively address business operation needs
- Continue expanding your knowledge for your own career development and work on countless opportunities that have a meaningful impact to the business’ bottom line
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
- Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
- Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
- Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
- Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
- Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
- Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
- Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
- Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.