- Date Posted
- Dec. 31, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Boulevard | about us
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
Dare to disrupt | inspire innovation
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren’t terrifying, we aren’t pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
As a Senior Product Designer at Boulevard, you will work cross-functionally with various departments to be an advocate for how the future of Boulevard’s platform looks. You will think creatively about what users need and turn those needs into elegant systems, components, and guidelines that enable our engineers to create delightful user experiences. Your contributions to our checkout system will continue to revolutionize the Boulevard platform as a second to none industry leader.
Product Design serves a vital role at the company, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. Help set the vision for the end-to-end experience across the entire product lifecycle and make an impact from day one.
What you’ll do here:
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Contribute to the design of new products that will be influential to our checkout, voucher, and promo code system as well as other pricing features
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, and product to guide product initiatives from conception to conclusion, leveraging product ideation, user research, flowcharts, prototypes, wireframes, usability testing, visual design, etc.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team
- Work with a passionate team of designers to continuously improve our process and raise our bar for quality and innovation
- Mentor and train new designers on the team, while fostering a culture of design at Boulevard
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: Multiple years of experience in an individual contributor role, on a product design team designing usable, engaging, and beautiful customer experiences for web and mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Portfolio: An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation with a concentration in eCommerce platforms and checkout components
- Technical Collaboration: Experience partnering with product managers and engineers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Prototyping: Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Design Tools: Excellent proficiency with Figma or similar tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Self Starter: The ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision or direction
- Team Player: Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Mentor and Mentee: Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- High-Quality Communicator: Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- Bonus Points: You know how to code or have an understanding of how things work under the hood | Previous experience working on products that are extremely data-focused | Fintech or SaaS product experience
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
- Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
- Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
- Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
- Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
- Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
- Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
- Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
- Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.