- Date Posted
- Dec. 31, 2021
- Business Applications
Boulevard | about us
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
Dare to disrupt | inspire innovation
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren’t terrifying, we aren’t pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
- Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
- Boulevard’s accounting team is responsible for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of Boulevard’s financial results, reporting systems, and all financial processes.
Take complete responsibility for ensuring that Boulevard’s partners are accurately invoiced, are timely in their payments and that invoicing adheres to professional and regulatory standards and properly reflects the business nature of our relationship with our partners. In addition, work cross-departmentally to establish and maintain proper processes for converting partner contracts and amendments into correct billing schedules.
What you’ll do here:
- Review and, if applicable, process new subscription orders and subscription amendments in a billing system for monthly billing cycle, verifying documentation for pricing and required approvals
- Review and create various billing system audits to identify billing discrepancies. Makes corrections as appropriate to ensure accurate billing following established procedures
- Review invoices for completeness and accuracy
- Send invoices to customers by email or submit to customer payment portals
- Research and resolve customer billing issues & determine appropriate adjustments with proper documentation
- Responsible for managing collections of past due invoices
- Perform customer account reconciliations
- Assist in process improvements and process documentation related to billing and collections
- Implement revenue accounting operations and revenue close in accordance with GAAP and revenue policy. Ensure proper recognition of revenue, deferred revenue and unbilled receivables
- Participate in annual financial accounting audit, ensuring our processes are set up to capture and maintain a set of “audit proof” evidence that supports the delivery of each performance obligation to substantiate revenue recognition
- Identify, design and implement operational improvements as needed and make recommendations on tools and software that integrate with related policies and systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years related billing experience in a fast paced, medium to large company; SaaS billing experience preferred. Advanced knowledge and understanding of billing transactions and processes. Strong technical accounting knowledge, specifically with ASC 606, is preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field of study preferred
- Self-Starter: The ability to manage multiple project timelines with minimal supervision or direction without sacrificing your day-to-day responsibilities.
- Detail Oriented: Incredible focus on the small details, with an ability to correctly translate contract details into billing schedules and invoices. Ability to analyze quotes and contracts to understand billing requirements.
- Timely: Strong track record of initiative in non-standard situations. Strong time management and problem-solving skills.
- Technical: Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite strongly preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills especially with partners who have outstanding payment issues.
- Within 1 month you’ll...
- Become familiar with Boulevard’s platform, company structure and internal tools.
- Become knowledgeable in specific partner billing issues that are non-standard.
- Develop close relationships with sales, onboarding and support to create communication lines for specific partner issues.
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Assume entire responsibility for all transactions and billing issues.
- Review and modify or create where necessary the proper processes for how billing works with new sales and amendments.
- Review and modify as necessary all communication templates and processes for collecting past due payments from partners.
- After 6 months you’ll...
- Begin developing unique processes by partner segment (i.e. - Enterprise vs. SMB).
- Develop reporting cadence on accounts receivable days outstanding and percent of A/R ledger by age.
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
- Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
- Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
- Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
- Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
- Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
- Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
- Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
- Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.