- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
Dare to disrupt | inspire innovation
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren’t terrifying, we aren’t pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
As a Lead Technical Product Manager, you will be the product owner of Boulevard’s B2B offering, spearheading initiatives that continue to provide exceptional value to our salon and spa customers. As a leader on the Product team, you will interface with many other Boulevard teams across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Account Management and Customer Support to build and shape innovative products and strategies. Boulevard is experiencing explosive growth and needs incredible product leaders to help scale our technology with the growth of the company and its customers’ needs.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Serve as product owner, driving product innovation and development.
- Communicate effectively and work closely with both designers and developers, local and remote.
- Understand customer needs and interface with internal stakeholders and customers to understand business needs and priorities.
- Champion execution of new feature concepts including creation of opportunity assessments, high-level goals, business cases, product requirements, detailed user stories, and wireframes.
- Manage feature prioritization and trade-offs, balancing quick wins and platform investments.
- Manage and prioritize projects through a lean product development cycle.
- Develop features to reach new customers through creative ideas and marketing strategies based on analysis, customer data, testing strategies, and ROI.
- Identify, implement, and track KPIs, run multivariate and A/B testing scenarios, and turn findings into actionable tasks to help better serve users and business goals.
What You’ll Need To Thrive:
- Product Management Experience: 7+ years of experience in Product Management or related field.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent professional experience.
- Agile: Experience working in an agile and lean environment.
- Project Management: Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Project Tracking: Experience with JIRA, Aha!, or other project tracking software.
- Analytical: Very strong analytical skills and deep knowledge of web analytics, social metrics, and related software.
- High-Quality Communicator: Top-notch negotiator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers, internal teams, and senior management.
- Collaborative: Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders, achieve measurable results, and convey those results to managers and C-suite executives
- Self Starter: The ability to manage and execute on multiple projects with minimal supervision or direction
- Outside of the Box: Inspires creative thinking and a “make it happen” mindset at all levels within their organization
- Simplicity: Ability to simplify concepts and turn them into an easy-to-understand messaging framework that can be used across the organization
- You have previously worked in a rapid growth startup.
- You’re a user experience practitioner with great work samples to prove it.
- You are a self-starter, working well with little oversight and changing product requirements.
- You know how to write code and SQL queries
- You geek out about data, infographics, marketing automation, and business intelligence products.
- You have previous experience managing integrations with 3rd party APIs
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
- Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
- Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
- Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
- Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
- Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
- Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
- Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
- Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.