- Date Posted
- Dec. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Boulevard | about us
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
Dare to disrupt | inspire innovation
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren’t terrifying, we aren’t pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
As an Engineering Manager at Boulevard you’ll be responsible for leading & mentoring a team of software engineers. You will lead our teammates in an effort to build a beautiful, intuitive, and powerful set of applications positioned to power local commerce.
We are building the operating system for the next generation of appointment-based businesses. We pride ourselves with the patience to build the best solutions for our clients and overcome the complexities involved.
As a highly experienced Engineering Manager, you will be passionate about delivering upon key company milestones, and building and growing an incredible team along the way. You’ll be empowered to collaborate on growth plans, create opportunities to challenge your team, and understanding the weaknesses and strengths of each team member. This will include everything from one on one’s, to code reviews, and developing career ladders/trajectory plans for your team.
What you’ll do here:
- Manage a cross-functional team, owning the delivery of timely, high-quality, and well-tested code
- Work directly with our VP of Engineering to create clear growth plans for all engineering team members
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to set ambitious, but attainable goals, and hold people accountable for their tasks. This includes progress updates and developing the product in a way that sets expectations with the rest of the company.
- Understand the level of technical investment necessary for each project, effectively balancing time and budget, leading development ceremonies and sprint planning
- Help develop a culture of learning and development/career growth through the organization of local tech talks and/or the sponsorship of technical conferences
- Help iterate on our recruitment process, inspiring and developing a highly cohesive and motivated team
- Conduct weekly 1:1’s with direct reports, looking for areas of improvement, growth, or feedback
- Oversee quality assurance with our code and conducting necessary code reviews
- Work with our VP of Engineering to understand meaningful metrics that can effectively track progress
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: At least 6 years of hands-on coding experience paired with at least 2 years of direct management experience
- Mentorship & Career Growth Planning: Proven expertise and opinions on proper career growth planning, team building activities, and best code review practices
- Opinionated: Have a strong opinionated voice on process and the tools necessary to get the job done
- Strong Communicator: Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills across both technical and nontechnical teams
- Collaborative: Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders, achieve measurable results, and convey those results to other managers and C-suite executives
- Up-to-date Programming Experience: Have a strong understanding of CS fundamentals with a generalist background, being able to “go deep” anywhere in the stack
- Architecture Knowledge: An understanding of how to properly architect modern web applications that are both B2B and B2C facing.
- Analytical: Impressive problem-solving, critical thinking skills, business acumen within the SaaS industry
- Pride in the work: Pride for the work you do and care deeply about the products which consume your services
- Data Driven: The ability to pull on key data points to drive decision making
- After 1 months you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Connect with the engineering team and key employee management stakeholders across the company
- Learn and understand the core business objectives and areas for improvement
- Learn about our year-end goals, and what your team needs to accomplish in order to deliver on company objectives.
- Assess the hiring needs for your team. Understand our hiring process, and identify what we need to do in order to grow.
- After 3 months you’ll...
- Ensure your team’s adherence to a documented Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Have suggested best practices and improvements for career growth planning and mentorship
- Begin to pick up and learn new tools and technologies for your own career growth.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each member of your team, what’s working well, and have clear career trajectories in progress for each member of your team.
- Understand your progress towards company goals and have communicated risks, opportunities, weaknesses, and strengths with your peers and executives.
- After 6 months you’ll...
- Be a key part of a growing team - partly due to your involvement in interviews and hiring.
- Have delivered key milestones for projects to our customers, and have the team dynamics in place to support and iterate on the areas of the product under your domain.
- Continue expanding your knowledge for your own career development and work on countless opportunities that have a meaningful impact to the business’ bottom line
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
- Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
- Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
- Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
- Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
- Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
- Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
- Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
- Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.