- Date Posted
- Dec. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Boulevard | about us
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
Dare to disrupt | inspire innovation
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren’t terrifying, we aren’t pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a delightful experience to our service providers and their customers. You’ll have the opportunity to build extraordinary applications that are reliable, responsive, and beautiful.
The Customer Ops team currently operates as an escalation team, feature pebble support, and supports customer onboarding/migration functions. This team’s charter will evolve over the next several months into enablement of customer support and customer onboarding at scale. The main charter will be around tooling and platform enablement to meet the scaling demands of our business and customer base. The leader of this team will be responsible for defining a transition plan from the current charter to the enablement charter and executing that plan to meet company OKRs.
What you’ll do here:
- In the short term, manage and provide guidance on how best to resolve any tickets that arrive on our “Supp Board”
- In the mid term, support scaling out the process of ticket escalation, triage, and resolution
- Act as a bridge between Customer Success and Engineering, breaking down complex problems and translating them in a way that can be conveyed to customers in a simplified manner.
- Use a data driven approach to creating automated support approval workflows to remove process bottlenecks
- Use a data driven approach to trend and communicate themes on potential product, usability, and reporting gaps
- Define and iterate over a plan to evolve the Customer Ops Charter around Platform and Support Enablement
- Get into the weeds of why a problem has occurred, resolving it at its source and anticipating any other use cases that may cause the issue to resurface
- Be a mentor to engineers, supporting individual career development plans, actively manage performance to amplify team member strengths, in addition to coaching and supporting team members to help them fill gaps
- Measure and monitor systems to make data-driven decisions; build dashboards for KPIs and execute mitigations for KPIs trending in a negative direction
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: At least 5+ years of experience in tooling, automation and scaling of systems. 3+ years of management or leadership experience
- CS Foundations: Strong knowledge of computer science principles
- Customer Focused: Experience directly handling customer escalations and partnering with customer facing teams. Passion and Empathy for customer experience.
- Effective Solution Building: Ability to solution process, automation, tooling, and systems to enable the reliable and efficient handling of large data sets and transactions at scale.
- Diving Deep: A generalist background and the ability to “go deep” anywhere in the stack
- Strong Communicator: Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills across both technical and nontechnical teams
- Design Appreciation: Strong appreciation for good design
- Mentor and Mentee: Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- You have experience building internal tooling
- You have experience building platform support for enabling high scale data transactions
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
- Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
- Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
- Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
- Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
- Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
- Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
- Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
- Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.