- Date Posted
- Dec. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Boulevard | about us
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
Dare to disrupt | inspire innovation
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren’t terrifying, we aren’t pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Boulevard is a payments facilitator, enabling ease in creating and managing merchant accounts through the Boulevard Platform. The Payments team charter exists to support compliant and safe payment facilitation for merchants and currently encompasses merchant onboarding, disbursements, disputes & chargebacks, multi-merchant fees, and risk & fraud monitoring & alerts. This role will be responsible for building out and leading this team of engineers, ensuring we maintain a safe and reliable payments platform, and evolving the platform to meet the needs of the business as we grow.
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: At least 7 years of experience in software engineering. 1+ years of experience leading a team
- CS Foundations: Strong knowledge of computer science principles
- Hiring: Continue to the grow the Payments team, currently 1 engineer
- Leader: Empower, motivate, and challenge your team to evolve existing and build new intuitive, reliable, highly available, maintainable, and secure software that powers payments facilitation
- Mentor: Support individual career development plans, actively manage performance to amplify team member strengths, in addition to coaching and supporting team members to help them fill gaps
- Communication: Ability to distill and synthesize technical problems and solutions and communicate them appropriately to your audience. Ability to manage communications and relationships with internal stakeholders and manage third party interactions
- Data Driven: Identify and track KPIs that represent the health, performance, and efficiency of your systems and your teams. Use this to data to make decisions that help you and your team achieve objectives of these metrics
- Owner: Get into the weeds of why a problem has occurred, work with team to resolve it at its source and anticipate any other use cases that may cause the issue to resurface
- Customer Focused: Experience directly handling customer escalations and partnering with customer facing teams. Passion and Empathy for customer experience.
- Effective Solution Building: Ability to solution process, automation, and tooling to enable the reliable and efficient delivery and operations of SaaS
- Design Appreciation: Strong appreciation for good design
You have experience in the payments space
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
- Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
- Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
- Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
- Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
- Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
- Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
- Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
- Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.