- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Brightback is a remote-first company that helps consumer subscription and online SaaS businesses grow customer lifetime value and reduce churn by intelligently surfacing and retaining subscribers. We are pioneering the customer retention automation category, serving innovators and category leaders like Freshly, MeUndies, Pipedrive and Unbounce, spanning the food delivery, subscription e-commerce & boxes, streaming media, fintech and insurance, and SaaS verticals. Brightback is a Series A, remote-first enterprise SaaS startup backed by top Silicon Valley VCs and investors. With remote headquarters in SF, our team brings decades of subscription experience from companies like Zendesk, LinkedIn, Twitter, Salesforce, and Heap Analytics.
Are you a product designer with an emphasis on interface and interaction design for web applications? Looking for a new challenge with the opportunity to directly impact the product roadmap for a Venture-backed startup? Brightback is looking for an experienced web app designer to join our growing team on a full-time basis and integrate into our software development lifecycle. A big component of this role will be user testing flows/components of our Admin Application to identify points of user friction and develop solutions to address these.
This role will report directly to our Head of Product and will be integrated into the full Brightback Engineering team workflow. This includes attending daily standups and participating in ad hoc design reviews with various members of the team. We put a premium on having a fully integrated Product/Design/Eng org so you will be expected to work directly with engineers to ensure your designs are coming to life in our Application. Time zones are flexible, but we require the ability to be online during PST working hours.
- Plan, organize, and conduct interaction & interface design user testing across Brightback’s Admin Application
- Develop hi-fidelity prototypes and mockups (either in Invision or Figma preferred) that can be delivered to a developer to implement along with a product spec
- Comfortable taking an iterative approach to design including seeking user feedback on wireframes before moving into hi-fidelity prototypes
- Own the product design thought leadership at Brightback and ensure the product meets these design standards
- Attend standups and conduct ad-hoc design reviews with the team to review work and integrate it into our Development roadmap.
- Conduct User Tests with current Brightback customers and potential customer audiences to identify friction in our Admin Application and work with our Head of Product to prioritize roadmap objectives to remove friction
- Integrate into our product development process to help drive customer value for Brightback
- 5-8 years of UX, UI, or product design experience. Experience conducting User Tests and delivering hi-fidelity prototypes
- Experience using Figma or Invision to deliver mockups that can be shared with customers and converted into hi-fidelity prototypes
- Customer empathy in the design and product development process
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a remote first environment
At Brightback, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Brightback prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.