- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
- Business Development
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
We are seeking a Business Operations Sr. Associate to analyze and optimize all business processes for our Product teams, ranging from our product to go-to-market motions to our internal Built data reporting processes and mechanisms. You’ll be improving efficiency and productivity, overseeing existing programs for QA, and supporting Built in growing as quickly as possible. This role sits at the epicenter of the entire business, supporting the Product organization and other cross-functional teams, including Sales, Engineering and Shared Services in proactively identifying problems and enacting strategic improvements. To do this you’ll need to develop a strong understanding of Built’s product, organizational structure, and long-term strategy, ultimately ensuring that each and every one of your projects drives the alignment of teams across Built to our company goals.
In This Role, You Will:
- Lead projects end-to-end, working with cross-functional leaders across Built to identify areas of improvement and to propose and implement solutions.
- Build mechanisms to ensure durable and scalable solutions are implemented across the organization.
- Own metrics development and reporting for one of Built’s business units
- Use analytical frameworks, data, and tools to help structure thinking, facilitate alignment across multiple partners, and reach relevant, actionable answers to challenging and ambiguous problemsAssist in the development and enhancement of market-leading products and services
- Enable Built to grow at scale by supporting all teams across the business, “seeing around corners” to remove roadblocks and take advantage of opportunities.
- You have 4+ years of experience in consulting, business operations, finance, or a tech/start-up environmentYou understand how a business operates and can quickly synthesize information, distill key points, and make connections that lead to innovative business solutions.
- You’re a relationship builder who can tailor communication style and substance to your audience.
- You have advanced experience with Excel. Bonus points for experience with SQL, Python, and Salesforce.
- You enjoy working independently and thrive in fast-paced environments.
- You are scrappy. You approach questions with scientific rigor, but can execute pragmatically -- the simplest solution may be the best at times.
- You are intellectually curious and love to learn about new things, you ask a lot of questions, and you’re quick to grasp new concepts.
- You want to get your hands dirty but also have the ability to see the big picture.
- You have demonstrable experience with developing meaningful narratives around data.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including uncapped vacation; health, dental & vision insurance; and 401k
- Holistic compensation package including base salary, bonus, and equity
Learning grants to support your professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.