- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $88M Series C funding, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
Built’s Insights team is hard at work on the product features that enable our clients and customers to get the most out of their data within Built. This includes data warehousing, in-app reporting, secure scheduled report delivery, and ad-hoc report generation where necessary. In addition to client needs, the Insights team is also instrumental in helping Built make sense of all of its internal data, allowing internal stakeholders to make informed, data-driven product decisions.
Built is looking for an experienced Sr. Data Engineer to help organize and manage existing data resources, implement new technologies and tooling to advance our data analysis platform, as well as help drive scalable data sharing practices. You will own data environments, integrate with new technologies, and oversee the development of new processes that support teams across the entire organization. You will gather requirements through direct interaction with the product team, business partners, and software development teams. You will help steer the direction of our constantly evolving system to enable scale and deliver quality for our clients, both internal and external. The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results. You will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
In this Role, You Will:
- Assist in the collection, organization, and availability of data at Built
- Work with stakeholders to deliver data visualization, exploration, and reporting solutions for internal and external customers
- Ensure that data curation and collections processes are performing as expected for current and future reporting needs
- Help design internal metrics that provide observability into the data collection and transformation processes
- Work with teammates to ensure standard engineering processes are followed
- Actively seek opportunities to mentor teammates and be mentored by your teammates
- Work with principal engineers and other teams to move larger engineering initiatives forward
- Act as the example to which other engineers aspire to become professionally and culturally
- A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- 5+ years of Data Warehouse experience
- Experience with cloud hardware provisioning, forecasting usage, and managing to a budget
- Experience with Linux/UNIX
- Proven track record of sharing outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience working with AWS with a strong understanding of their offerings (Athena, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Kinesis, Redshift, Lambda, S3, EC2, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data Technologies
- Experience with security standards like symmetric and asymmetric encryption, virtual private clouds, IP whitelisting, LDAP authentication, and other methods
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress
Experience with these technologies would be a major bonus:
- Data Lakes (particularly AWS Glue, S3, and Athena)
- Integration Platforms (particularly Celigo or SnapLogic)
- Data Pipeline/ETL tools (particularly Luigi, Airflow, and Glue)
- The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.