- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $88M Series C funding, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
Built is looking for a Product Designer to join our mission and help shape the customer experience across the Built for Lending (B4L) product. You will collaborate on the vision for several key initiatives and work with the rest of the product design team to establish fundamentals as we transform our product over the coming years.
Partnering closely with other product and engineering team members, you will create informed and beautiful experiences for thousands of real users. You have a passion for the strategic work behind every user experience and have the ability to bring others along in the process.
What you’ll do:
- Become an expert in construction finance by observing, learning from, and empathizing with new and existing customers.
- Work closely with your team to provide clear design direction for each initiative
- Contribute to the Built design system
- Support the conceptual design phase by creating user flows, story maps, workflow diagrams, and other strategic artifacts as necessary.
- Explore multiple solutions to problems, knowing when to spend the time on high fidelity mockups and prototypes versus simple sketches and wireframes.
- Humbly present your work to others and be receptive to feedback.
- Collaborate regularly with engineers to measure design feasibility, pivot when necessary, and ensure designs are implemented in accordance with intent.
- Be an advocate for the user. Always.
Who you are:
- 1-3 years experience in digital product design
- You’re a talented designer and passionate problem-solver with a portfolio of examples demonstrating your work and what you learned in the process.
- You can quickly prototype ideas for feedback using a variety of tools.
- You’re an eager learner with an aptitude for solving complex problems
- You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable talking with customers on a regular basis
- You’re familiar with the concept of a design system
- You’re comfortable using the tools of the trade and quick to master new ones: Figma, Sketch, XD, Invision, whiteboards, flowchart and diagramming tools, etc.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including Uncapped Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
For those in our Nashville HQ: Weekly Team Lunches and a Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.