- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Sep. 7, 2021
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $88M Series C funding, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
As Built’s Staff Accountant you will play a key role in supporting our Accounting function during a period of rapid growth. You will work across the company to ensure the highest level of service for our customers and create efficiencies for our sales organization. This role provides an incredible opportunity to jumpstart your career in accounting by exposing you to numerous aspects of Built and having the chance to learn from experienced managers. Our Staff Accountant will have natural curiosity and ambition to solve problems. It has never been a more exciting time to join our team and create a lasting impact!
In this Role, You Will:
- Ensure seamless execution of Built’s key billing process through the entire lifecycle
- Oversee sales tax application on established physical and economic nexus exposure
- Complete critical month-end tasks and reconciliations
- Recommend and document business processes to further develop the internal controls
- Leverage cross-functional relationships to establish consistent procedures and reporting
- Communicate identified discrepancies to management in a prompt, clear, and concise manner
- Support the year-end financial audit process with external auditors
- Perform other non-recurring, ad-hoc projects or analyses, as needed
- 0-2 years experience in an Accounting role (bonus points for public accounting experience)
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, processes, and compliance
- NetSuite and Salesforce experience a plus
- Detail-orientated with proven organizational skills
- A self-starter approach, paired with a passion for collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to think strategically with a desire to problem-solve and identify improvement opportunities
- CPA eligible preferred
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including Uncapped Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
For those in our Nashville HQ: Weekly Team Lunches and a Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.