- Boise, ID
- Date Posted
- Oct. 1, 2021
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
We are seeking a Corporate Counsel to support Built with a variety of legal projects and transactions. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional who is eager to join a fast-growing, highly funded company.
We’re looking for someone who is resourceful, action-oriented, and tech-savvy. This position will rely heavily on your ability to adeptly manage multiple, competing priorities and problem solve in a fast-paced environment. You are organized, work effectively across all levels, possess great communication skills, have the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice, and enjoy the challenges of helping to build a great organization of talented individuals.
Location - Preference for candidates based in Built’s Boise, ID office. Currently, in-office work is opt-in. The long-term expectation is a hybrid of in-office and remote work.
Legal Counsel Benefits:
- Bar licensing reimbursement
- Annual CLE budget
- Tech GC membership
In this role, you will support, own and drive a variety of initiatives, including:
- Own Commercial Agreements:
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including enterprise SaaS subscription agreements, strategic partnership agreements, data licensing agreements, online terms and conditions, non-disclosure agreements, and other agreements as needed
- Negotiate all types of contracts with the ability to balance legal risk with the commercial needs of the company
- Establish and maintain standard contract forms, and help establish and distribute other templates and best practices materials
- Assist with the contract management process
- Other Portfolio Responsibilities:
- Support Built’s M&A transactions
- Supervise, develop and coach a paraprofessional
- Provide timely advice and counsel to management regarding laws, regulations and company policies
- Design and deliver training programs for the Built team on the relevant legal subject matter
- Answer general legal inquiries and provide legal assistance to all employees
- 6+ years of experience as a corporate attorney either in-house or at a law firm
- Expert contract drafting skills
- Experience reporting and presenting to executive leadership
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- JD with current bar membership in any state in the United States
- Experience at a SaaS software company
- Experience at a venture-backed company
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Carta, Contract management system, Salesforce, Zoom, Google Drive, Slack
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including uncapped vacation; health, dental & vsion insurance; and 401k
- Holistic compensation package including base salary, bonus, and equity
For those in our Nashville HQ: Weekly Team Lunches and a Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.