- Boise, ID
- Date Posted
- Sep. 30, 2021
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
We are seeking a Director of Compliance to develop and maintain Built’s compliance program and policies. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional who is eager to join a fast-growing, highly funded company.
We’re looking for someone who is resourceful, action-oriented, and tech-savvy. This position will rely heavily on your ability to adeptly manage multiple, competing priorities and problem solve in a fast-paced environment. You are organized, work effectively across all levels, possess great communication skills, have the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice and enjoy the challenges of helping to build a great organization of talented individuals.
Location - Preference for candidates based in Built’s Boise, ID office. Currently, in-office work is opt-in. The long-term expectation is a hybrid of in-office and remote work.
In this role, you will support, own and drive a variety of initiatives, including:
- Oversee all aspects of Built’s compliance program including compliance with each of the following:
- Cyber security policies
- Contractual commitments
- Business continuity and incident management policies
- Privacy and data governance regulations
- AML/BSA regulations
- Vendor management policies
- Other areas as needed
- Other Related Responsibilities:
- Policy and procedure development, drafting, and communication and ensure periodic review and update of all policies and procedures
- Oversee Built’s timely and accurate responses to client and prospective client due diligence requests
- Review commercial agreements for compliance with Built policies
- Establish and maintain periodic testing and review programs including tabletop exercises, risk assessments, business impact analyses
- Support SOC audit preparation
- Maintain a prioritized roadmap of compliance initiatives
- Identify, implement, and maintain tools to support compliance initiativesOversee compliance training program
- Hire, develop, lead a team of compliance analysts
- Manage an appropriate team budget
- Advise business on a wide variety of compliance-related issues while balancing business objectives with risk management
- 4+ years of experience as a compliance professional for technology companies
- CIPP certification
- Expert policy design and drafting experience
- Conversant in technical terminology and ability to effectively support product, engineering, IT, security, and data professionals
- Experience reporting and presenting to executive leadership
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Built will consider both licensed attorneys and non-attorneys with requisite experience for this position
- Experience at a SaaS software company
- Experience at a venture-backed company
- Experience expanding internationally
- Experience with AWSExperience with any of the following technologies: RFPIO, Atlassian products (including Jira and Confluence), Salesforce, Zoom, Google Drive, Slack
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including uncapped vacation; health, dental & vsion insurance; and 401k
- Holistic compensation package including base salary, bonus, and equity
For those in our Nashville HQ: Weekly Team Lunches and a Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.