- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $88M Series C funding, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
We are seeking a proven leader who will lead the day-to-day operations of Built Plus, a rapidly growing division of Built Technologies. This position involves working at both the strategic and operational levels, crafting and developing the team responsible for managing the two-sided services marketplaces for our Lender clients. The right candidate is a process-driven individual who is motivated by new challenges and is obsessed with delivering a fantastic client experience.
The Director of Operations will be responsible for managing the operations for our growing Built Plus product suite. This person is accountable for all aspects of our Built Plus product offerings, including daily client operations and vendor performance management. You must be passionate about leading teams and helping individuals grow in their careers. In exuding a strong level of ownership and ability to thrive in ambiguity, you’ll build durable systems and workflows that achieve predictable results & maintain mission-critical service levels.
In this Role, You Will:
- Make it your mission to manage an exceptional experience for our clients and vendor partners from onboarding to ensure they are set up for long term success on our platform services
- Mentor your team and support their professional development and engagement
- Manage at scale Built’s growing list of Built Plus products and services in our Lender channel and beyond
- Be integral in developing solutions to continuously drive vendor improvement
- Contract negotiations and key vendor relationship management
- Define critical metrics and develop dashboards to track business performance; report findings to senior leadership to define long-term strategy and decision-making
- Synthesize the voice of the customer to provide input to help remove blockers and prioritize product development
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve processes, surface challenges, resolve customer issues, and address pain points hindering your team’s success
- Build a strong relationship and develop clear feedback mechanisms between Sales, Client Services, Business Intelligence and Product teams to ensure we are building scalable solutions and helping our products achieve success
- Produce accurate and insightful reporting/analysis for internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively monitor daily activity and SLO’s to identify opportunities to improve team outcomes and ensure that the team meets performance targets and achieves quality objectives
- Help define and implement policies at onboarding to incentivize the right behaviors for both clients and vendors
- Deeply understand our potential marketplace partners’ challenges and needs, while collaborating with Product to inform our product roadmap in a way that drives continually improved experiences for our marketplace partners and customers
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS or PaaS operations
- People management experience
- Experience in real estate related industries including banking, leasing, sales, finance, development, or construction is a plus
- Experience leading and driving cross-functional strategies with cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives
- You are detailed-oriented and can help us define and drive high-quality experiences for clients and vendors/partners
- You are excited about and build systems, tools, and processes that allow us to manage products at scale
- You are data-driven, capable of setting metrics for measuring quality and monitoring progress against team objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- You are empathetic and have the ability to take initiative in doing the right thing for the customer
- You are a team player and are resilient in the face of challenges, ambiguity, change
- The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including Uncapped Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.