- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Dec. 15, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
What You’ll Do:
- We are looking for an experienced product leader, responsible for the strategic plan and product roadmap of our insurance business. The role will be tasked with creating a secure, scalable, compliant platform for the distribution of insurance throughout the construction industry.
- As the Director of Insurance, you will guide our product and development team from product definition to development, launch, and scale. The scope of your work will span from B2B integrations to embedding multiple insurance products across the Built Platform. The Insurance Platform powers all insurance offerings across Built products; therefore, effective collaboration with stakeholders is key.
- In this role, you will champion the voice of our clients and developers to deliver a platform that meets their high expectations and ultimately helps Built grow faster.
- This role will help ensure a consistent customer and user experience across the Built product portfolio under your control while serving as an internal and external evangelist and thought leader.
- Work tirelessly to build scalable solutions to listen to and understand our customers, including their challenges, problems and pain points, including anticipating solutions which they may not even be able to envision.
- Work backwards from the needs of our customers to design and product solutions that delight them in ways they couldn’t imagine.
- Equip Sales, Marketing, and Client Services with the tools and resources they need to serve their customers and take products to market.
- Own, drive alignment, and delivery of the insurance product roadmap, and communicate with executive leadership and other stakeholders.
- Understand the jobs to be done for the insurance platform, synthesize those needs to shape the product roadmap for a suite of platform products, and define key metrics.
- Strategically assess new opportunities, provide guidance, and develop alignment around target initiatives.
- Work closely with Product Design to advocate on behalf of customers for product simplicity, ease of adoption, and visual consistency.
- Foster a community of data-informed decision making
- Accountable for product revenue growth objectives, including mapping of how to sell, promote, and support the product
Who You Are:
- You have a strong insurtech background with 5+ years of experience and understand the complexities of commercial property and casualty insurance.
- You have an impressive toolbox of skills including strategy, execution, partner management, and project management.
- Your ability to communicate internally and externally and collaborate across diverse geographies, functions and lines of business is key.
- You hold broad knowledge of the insurance industry in the US and around the world.
- You are customer-oriented and driven by our purpose to serve clients and developers.
- You think strategically, focusing on the long-term, and share your vision by crafting a high-level narrative.
- You have strong data analysis capability and a proven track record of leveraging data to drive decisions.
- You are deeply curious and want to understand “the why” behind all decisions.
- You are a bar raiser who is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are excellent.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including uncapped vacation; health, dental & vision insurance; and 401k
- Holistic compensation package including base salary, bonus, and equity
Learning grants to support your professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.