- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $88M Series C funding, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
What you’ll do:
- We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to lead our Insurance team. This role will be responsible for the strategic plan and product roadmap of our insurance business. The role will be tasked with creating a secure, scalable, compliant platform for the distribution of insurance throughout the construction industry.
- As the Product Manager of Insurance, you will guide our development teams from product definition to development, launch, and scale. The scope of your work will span from B2B integrations to embedding multiple insurance products across the Built Platform. The Insurance Platform powers all insurance offerings across Built products; therefore, effective collaboration with stakeholders is key.
- In this role, you will champion the voice of our clients and developers to deliver a platform that meets their high expectations and ultimately helps Built grow faster.
- This role will help ensure a consistent customer and user experience across the Built product portfolio under their control while serving as an internal and external evangelist and thought leader.
- Own, drive alignment, and delivery of the insurance product roadmap, and communicate with executive leadership and other stakeholders
- Understand the jobs to be done for the insurance platform, synthesize those needs to shape the product roadmap for a suite of platform products, and define key metrics
- Strategically assess new opportunities, provide guidance, and develop alignment around target initiatives
- Foster a community of data-informed decision making
Who you are:
- You have an insurtech background and understand the complexities of commercial property and casualty insurance
- You have an impressive toolbox of skills including strategy, execution, partner management, and project management.
- Your ability to communicate internally and externally and collaborate across diverse geographies, functions and lines of business is key.
- You hold broad knowledge of the insurance industry in the US and around the world.
- You are customer-oriented and driven by our purpose to serve clients and developers.
- You think strategically, focusing on the long-term, and share your vision by crafting a high-level narrative.
- You have strong data analysis capability and a proven track record of leveraging data to drive decisions.
- You are deeply curious and want to understand “the why” behind all decisions.
- You are a bar raiser who is never satisfied with the status quo.
- You have 4+ years of product management experience.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are excellent.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including Uncapped Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
For those in our Nashville HQ: Weekly Team Lunches and a Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.