- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $88M Series C funding, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
Reporting to the VP of Product, the Platform Product Manager, is responsible for advancing Built’s platform technology strategy. The Platform Product Manager will work on refining the platform strategy to align with overall organizational goals, and drive the specification, definition, and execution of the platform with teams of engineers. You’ll use your understanding of various technology choices to create architecture for extensibility and reusability across Built’s ecosystem of products and stakeholders, and will own the platform roadmap to guide Built to make best-in-class platform services and features.
In this Role, You Will:
- Seek Truth: Learn about Built’s need for platform solutions through familiarization with our existing products and product strategy. Deeply understand all products and anticipate their platform needs.
- Organize and Simplify: Analyze findings and document insights from your sessions with other product managers and engineers using clear and simple language.
- Democratize Clarity: Teach others what you know. Make your findings accessible to your internal stakeholders.
- Be Dependable: Establish a track record of accountability. Set expectations and manage them appropriately.
- Forge Trust: Bring people together from product, design, engineering, marketing, & sales to ensure cross-functional alignment and drive the success of platform solutions in development, product marketing, and the sales process.
- Synthesize Goals: Own our internal platform strategy and champion it across the Built organization.
- Maintain Focus: With goals clarified, always remember what you’re aiming for, and help others do the same.
- Iterate and Adapt: Make small incremental gains. Identify new opportunities for improvement. Own mistakes, reflect, and learn from them.
- 4+ years of experience as a product manager for platform development
- Excellent communicator
- Highly collaborative
- Strategic thinker
- Experience crystallizing and leading projects which successfully break down monolithic applications into service-oriented ones, delivering business value each step of the way
- Experience working with DevOps, DevEx, and Cloud Infrastructure oriented teams and projects
- Experience leading publicly facing API and API documentation efforts as part of PaaS offerings
- Partner with UX/feature teams to strategize how Platform functionality can help them deliver high-quality user experiences and features
- Demonstrable experience building Permission services dealing with concepts such as profiles, roles, and permissions on both a user and machine-to-machine level
- Experience working with engineering and design to deliver both platform services and end-user experiences
- Experience partnering with security and compliance-oriented teams for audit fulfillment purposes, a cursory knowledge of SOC-2Experience
- Define success metrics and prioritize key initiatives to drive developer engagement and growth
- Experience creating and running A/B testing programs to optimize the developer experience, measuring concepts such as developer speed, quality and joy
- The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including Uncapped Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.