- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Dec. 7, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
We are looking for an experienced product leader, responsible for the strategic plan and product roadmap for our work serving construction lenders. As the Vice President, you will guide our product and development team from product definition to development, launch, and scale for all products and features related to the construction lending industry across the entire Built platform. Our work with construction lenders enhances all offerings across Built products; therefore, effective collaboration with other internal stakeholders is key.
In this Role, You Will:
- Champion the voice of our clients and developers to deliver a platform that meets their high expectations and ultimately helps Built grow faster
- Ensure a consistent customer and user experience across the Built product portfolio under your control while serving as an internal and external evangelist and thought leader
- Work tirelessly to build scalable solutions to listen to and understand our customers, including their challenges, problems, and pain points, including anticipating solutions which they may not even be able to envision
- Work backward from the needs of our customers to design data solutions that delight them in ways they couldn’t imagine
- Own the construction lending product roadmap, communicate with executive leadership and other internal stakeholders and align resources to drive results
- Work with our product and engineering teams to drive usage of Built services by other stakeholders in the construction industry (ex - contractors, home builders, etc)
- Strategically assess new opportunities, provide guidance, and develop alignment around new product initiatives
- Work closely with Product Design to advocate on behalf of customers for product simplicity, ease of adoption, and visual consistency
- Accountable for product revenue growth objectives, including mapping of how to sell, promote, and support the product
- You have a strong product leadership background with 10+ years of experience and understand the complexities of product development in an interconnected market and environment
- You have a toolbox of skills including strategy, execution, partner management, and project management
- You have proven experience building and developing high performing teams
- Your ability to communicate internally and externally and collaborate across diverse geographies, functions, and lines of business is key
- You are highly empathetic, customer-oriented, and driven by our purpose to serve clients
- You think strategically, focusing on the long-term, and share your vision by crafting a high-level narrative
- You have strong data analysis capability and a proven track record of leveraging data to drive decisions
- You are deeply curious and want to understand “the why” behind all decisions
- You are a bar raiser who is never satisfied with the status quo
- Your written and verbal communication skills are excellent
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including uncapped vacation; health, dental & vision insurance; and 401k
- Holistic compensation package including base salary, bonus, and equity
Learning grants to support your professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.