- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 110 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 25+ of the top 100 US construction lenders. In addition to our recent $88M Series C funding, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Manager, Product Marketing role carries a high level of responsibility, as pricing, positioning, market and competitive analysis, and product messaging are central to the planned growth of the company. The focus of the role will be on driving the successful messaging, positioning, and go-to-market strategy of all product lines – backed by strategic marketing insights, customer research, market evidence (including competitors), and product life cycle analysis.
As the liaison between the business and the product, you will also be responsible for providing product marketing support and material to empower sales and customer support to be successful in their customer-facing roles. Additionally, the Product Marketing Manager will represent the voice of the customer and the market and will share this insight to help the product team understand what to build, why to build it, and help take it to market.
You will act as a subject matter expert (SME) on the market, our buyers, our users, and competitors, and will effectively transfer that knowledge to the Sales, Marketing, and Product teams. To thrive in this role, you will be a highly collaborative team member with a can-do attitude who can quickly break down problems, recognize opportunities, and work with cross-functional teams to deliver creative and effective solutions. The right candidate is a creative thinker that can understand deep technical topics and has a data-driven mindset to clearly track how product updates and positioning affect pipeline, revenue, and retention metrics. This role will establish the Product Marketing function at the organization, requiring the individual to define, own and refine the responsibilities and processes.
Market, Ecosystem, and Customer Focused Responsibilities:
- Understand the customers’ needs, buyer/user personas, and journey, know how they use the product
- Conduct customer and market surveys, focus groups, and user forums to build feedback loops and share insight across product, marketing, and sales
- Conduct market and competitive research to better understand and evangelize market trends and apply key learnings to the product roadmap and marketing strategy
- Use customer and market insight to help product teams decide which features should be part of the product road-map, develop user stories, and help focus development on the value to the customer
Cross-functional Support and Training Responsibilities:
- Be the internal advocate and product expert to train the sales team on our personas, use cases, new products/product features
- Ensure that the sales organization is adequately prepared to compete by driving timely creation of sales support tools including collateral, sales presentations, corporate presentations, white papers, testimonials, product sheets, etc. in coordination with the rest of the marketing team
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes
Process Strategy and GTM Responsibilities:
- Manage and drive strategic pricing initiatives based on - value/ROI; competitors; overall company goals; and/or cost of development/maintenance
- Define positioning and key messaging through a thorough understanding of the product
- Develop and maintain market-oriented value propositions for target markets, industries, and products
- Define the target customer and establish the buyer persona for each product/new feature
- Coordinate and execute product launches across a cross-functional marketing team to ensure messaging consistency and on-time delivery and clearly communicate product-related messaging internally/externally
- Define the user lifecycle, including conversion, adoption, retention, and continually measure and optimize it relates to product feature adoption and usage
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers
- We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager with 8-10 years of product marketing/product owner experience.
- The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.